QM Labs successfully aquacultures the Gulf Blenny (Ecsenius pulcher)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Nutramar Foods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now here's the big news... We have aquacultured this unique, amazing and not commonly seen fish here our state-of-the-art hatchery in Los Angeles, California! Next bomb up, we're the first to do it on a commercial level in the United States! Our dedicated team of biologists have been working hard to overcome challenges, so that the Gulf Blenny could be added to our ever-growing list of QM Labs in-house aquacultured species. Right now, we are preparing to have our first ever release of this aquacultured fish, and our hope is that with future success, this occasionally seen fish in the aquarium trade will have the opportunity to grace many more marine fish tanks around the world!
Gulf Blenny 3 6-21-24.jpg
In the wild, Ecsenius pulcher is a grazing fish, that loves to mow down a variety of algae, but they also consume a large number of small invertebrates while doing so. It's important to offer both some greenery and some protein in their diet; this process is made much easier in these aquacultured fish because we can rely in part on the high-quality pellets from Nutramar. The Algae and Color Boost Shots offer them an excellent balanced nutrition for their needs, along with frozen preparations such as Gamma Mysis Shrimp and Gamma Brine Shrimp plus Spirulina will provide proper nutrition. Click here to learn more
Gulf Blenny 2 6-21-24.jpg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grew up in Los Angeles myself and this news about raising a new captive fish seems like LA would be the place for this to happen. As far as diet, the food available in LA should be perfect. Everyone here is into weed and when they get hungry, they eat anything, no matter how many bugs are growing on it.

Ok, I jest, but seriously, Congratulations on success! That's a nice-looking fish and you all should rightfully be proud of this situation!

Nwa Bad Codec GIF by Straight Outta Compton
Whoop whoop! :cool: :star-struck:

OP
OP
Nutramar Foods

Nutramar Foods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grew up in Los Angeles myself and this news about raising a new captive fish seems like LA would be the place for this to happen. As far as diet, the food available in LA should be perfect. Everyone here is into weed and when they get hungry, they eat anything, no matter how many bugs are growing on it.

Ok, I jest, but seriously, Congratulations on success! That's a nice-looking fish and you all should rightfully be proud of this situation!

Nwa Bad Codec GIF by Straight Outta Compton
Whoop whoop! :cool: :star-struck:
Thank you so much! We are very proud of this achievement and want to continue to grow our list of aquacultured species!

DOES TANK SIZE MATTER WHEN TRYING TO MAINTAIN A STABLE ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR REEF?

• Yes, the environment in smaller tanks is harder to maintain.

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Yes, the environment in larger tank is harder to maintain.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reef environments are hard to maintain no matter the size of the tank.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • You have problems maintaining your reef's environment? Noob.

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 3 10.0%
Back