Quality Florida Live Rock

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend KP Aquatics as well. I’ve only had a need to order live rock once so I my experience is limited to a single vendor.

They have excellent customer service. I had a delay in my live rock shipment and when I contacted them they did some research and determined that a lot of their shipments were being held up at the Dallas airport. This was during hundred degree plus weather in Texas. So naturally I was concerned about the live rock making it alive. They apologized for the delay and the offered to send a fresh shipment. As I was reading that email my shipment arrived. I opened up the packaging and it smelled like fresh ocean with no hint of foulness (ammonia) and so I decided to just keep that and thanked them for their help. But they were very responsive and took responsibility for something that they didn’t even cause. That’s awesome in my book.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For KP, if you can afford it, go with the rock shipped water. Bit more expensive for shipping but you pick it up at the airport and zero die off. No ammonia spike and everything survives. Looks as good as when it left.
Philip is great to deal with and he also seems to give preference to shipping in water. Call or email him. I got > 300 pounds shipped in water and the website said out of stock :)

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used KP twice and my experiences were great, though I mostly ordered the starter rock so there wasn’t nearly the hitchhikers (as far as corals and macro are concerned (plenty of stars and urchins) but I agree Philip is great to work with.

That said, I’ve heard nothing but good things about the other vendors GulfLiveRock and Tampa Bay Saltwater

Jcar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered 25 lbs live rock n reef and 25 kp and mixed them. Kp is lighter more porous but live rock n reef has crazy amount of life on it could be because I got the cherry primo. Both should have very little die off if shipping goes as planned and you drop it into a large volume of saltwater immediately. Mixing the two was a cool way to add an entire ecosystem to the tank

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered 25 lbs live rock n reef and 25 kp and mixed them. Kp is lighter more porous but live rock n reef has crazy amount of life on it could be because I got the cherry primo. Both should have very little die off if shipping goes as planned and you drop it into a large volume of saltwater immediately. Mixing the two was a cool way to add an entire ecosystem to the tank

THAT, I want to see! Can't wait for your "ID, please" threads!

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I recommend Live Rock N Reef. I’ve ordered from them 4 times over the last 10 years. No die off. Here’s an example of what my last order looked like. Check out all the macro algae and other life on it

EBF51A2A-DE11-4449-A803-9582E73BE54F.jpeg
I’m genuinely curious doesn’t that kind of algae spread? It looks like an infested tank but I know it’s healthy. Do you just keep it or do you fight off the macro from taking over? Im confused why this would be considered good and not be annoying because you have to control it so it doesn’t take over. I’ve only ever had chaeto in a sump so im curious. Thank you.

What member(s) of your home reef are your priority?

• My fish

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • My coral

Votes: 30 55.6%
  • My inverts

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Other Livestock (Please explain!)

Votes: 2 3.7%
Back