Quanta bars!!!!!!!!!

telegraham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not exactly. There is a website with info but not the details of how many and what nm diodes are in each type of bar. Emailed and he said it was proprietary. Still considering these but I was just asking for the information for easy comparison since every other bar I’m considering freely shares this info.

And the spectrum graphs are… not great IMO. There is not enough numbers on the x axis to even tell where the peaks are.
The Meso Blue peaks at 430nm, it has a secondary peak at 450nm, and there's some fun happening under 430nm to fatten up the violet. OG Pop is the Reef Brite 450/470nm combo. RCD has peaks at 470nm with secondary peaks at 415, 430, and 500nm. Tropic Sun peaks at 430 with secondary peaks at 575, a hint over 500, and 625nm.

Regarding what diodes are used, looking at a 24" bar, Luca has 20 lenses instead of the typical 18 for that length bar. Under those 20 lenses live 40 diodes, and under each lens lives two different spectrum diodes. That's how Luca has managed to get fantastic color blending. That's the proprietary part.

OP
OP
B

Boehmtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Meso Blue peaks at 430nm, it has a secondary peak at 450nm, and there's some fun happening under 430nm to fatten up the violet. OG Pop is the Reef Brite 450/470nm combo. RCD has peaks at 470nm with secondary peaks at 415, 430, and 500nm. Tropic Sun peaks at 430 with secondary peaks at 575, a hint over 500, and 625nm.

Regarding what diodes are used, looking at a 24" bar, Luca has 20 lenses instead of the typical 18 for that length bar. Under those 20 lenses live 40 diodes, and under each lens lives two different spectrum diodes. That's how Luca has managed to get fantastic color blending. That's the proprietary part.
Is that THE telegrahm on my thread!!!!!!!

I heard about them on your live stream and just love them. I try to sell them to anyone that will listen .

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well first spectrum graphs are quite usable and more understandable than many.
Like AI's that don't even have decent gash marks.

Second it would take the Chinese an afternoon to dissect the bars and have all the " secret sauce". So I've never understood secrecy in this regards.
Am I right to believe they are manuf. in China anyways. That caption of manufacturing secrecy and patent honoring?

As to the number of diodes of each nm well spectrum gives a hint and since there aren't channels it matters less how many of each.

Bottom line though "I" don't see any deal breakers on a technical sense. Not like Kessil which in the past gave you practically nothing and still doesn't define the channel LEDs, just using the " tuna blue" thingy..
Or I missed it.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tropic Sun peaks at 430 with secondary peaks at 575, a hint over 500, and 625nm.
Err 475..not 575..
I swear this is deja vu..
tropicsun.JPG

3 programs to play with spectrums.
1)Digitizing stage: https://automeris.io/WebPlotDigitizer/
2)Data cleaning stage: https://notepad-plus-plus.org/
3) Import and play with stage: https://1023world.net/raycal/howto-en.html

Quanta graphs are a piece of cake...

Helps you figure out what they missed.
Bit of humor.

How to build a tropic sun.. :)
Yea a different (warmer) white and of course generic diodes,
In real life not quite that easy.
Any wrong color is the tropic "overshoot" from the generic build.
Any right color is the generic overshoot.
Greyish is where they agree.
Point is things aren't THAT secret.
And there is a LOT more overall w/ a manuf. product

tropicsunbuild.jpg

:)

Last edited:

telegraham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that THE telegrahm on my thread!!!!!!!

I heard about them on your live stream and just love them. I try to sell them to anyone that will listen .
Luca is offering a great sale this holiday weekend, but I'm sure you already know that. :)

OP
OP
B

Boehmtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luca is offering a great sale this holiday weekend, but I'm sure you already know that. :)
I did not!!? I'm starting to build out my frag tank this winter so by this time next year I'll be taking advantage of black Friday for sure.

OP
OP
B

Boehmtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way. That is a screaming deal. Man I wish I had the funds this year. Someone's gonna have some happy corals this Christmas

jhadaway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone post a link to the website?

OP
OP
B

Boehmtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess I should do a midterm update. Still love the light. The color , growth and tank look I've been able to achieve is just exactly what I was looking for. The color of my fish is fantastic too.

This is when I first mounted the light
IMG_20231127_194802.jpg

Latest top down
PXL_20231126_144844454.jpg

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Any pics?
I have a meso blue on my 80.
It gives 80-100+ par increase across the system.
20230613_163055.jpg
Hey I got have a question, youre the first person I have found running these. So what is the apperance of the tnak wiht just the meso blues on. Is it only blue or a blue UV or a mix of blue and white? anyway you could send a picture of just the quanta pro on? trying to get a idea of what bar to buy, to run on a 180 with only 2 quanta pro lights.

Back