Question for Phosphate Reactor Users…

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
*I meant GFO reactor :upside-down-face:

How do you guys account for fresh GFO? When I replace my GFO, the PO4 plummets. Is there a way to avoid this bottoming out when I swap out for fresh GFO? Or should I just arbitrarily dial it back and hope for the best?

Should I look into something other than a GFO reactor? My other means of nutrient export currently are a filter fleece roller and a refugium.

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*I meant GFO reactor :upside-down-face:

How do you guys account for fresh GFO? When I replace my GFO, the PO4 plummets. Is there a way to avoid this bottoming out when I swap out for fresh GFO? Or should I just arbitrarily dial it back and hope for the best?

Should I look into something other than a GFO reactor? My other means of nutrient export currently are a filter fleece roller and a refugium.
Use lot less, change often. That yo-yo effect is not tolerated by some corals, acros, montiporas etc…
That is based on my experience and especially when playing below the 0.1 levels of PO4.

1715484093040.jpeg

If you got established tank, lot of fish your corals might be ok with the yo- yo factor.

What is your PO4 level and where do you want to be?
Also try to measure PO4 in the morning, before feeding or late in the evening.

Just for reference my PO4 is around 0.08-0.15 ppm. For control I only use skimmer and bit of GAC.

Good luck,

reefsUP2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slowly adjust the flow valve and use a measurement cup or spoon so you can keep track of the actual amount that would safely remove it without rapidly striping it causing a shock to the system

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 28 15.1%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 43 23.1%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 107 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back