Rasta Pods Swamp Mix Dosing

jeremyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a bottle of swamp mix. Mostly for the pods.
Does anyone have any experience or knowledge regarding the concentration of the product.
I don't want my phosphates to jump of I put the whole bottle in my 20 gallon.
What is the dosing?

Screenshot_20230115_135856_Google.jpg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any experience or knowledge regarding the concentration of the product.
What is the dosing?

I had to go look them up, as i assumed they were dead pods based on your post. However description I found said: RastapodsSwamp Mix, a mix of Apocyclops and Tisbe Copepods combined with Rotifers and Phytoplankton

LIVE pods and etc...

Add it ALL ... if you have to deal with water parameters on the backside of it, then deal but otherwise they will die in bottle.

EDIT: the longer you wait to put bottle in tank, more chance for things to die IN bottle and then that is where you'll be adjusting your water parameters... This says LIVE - essentially, you've bought live cleanup crew in a bottle... even phyto is an algae so with light it will even help with phosphates (and nitrates) until it is eaten by tank inhabitants (and then it will be gone).

Jay'sReefBugs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There wouldn't be enough algea in the bottle to throw your system out of wack .You can only add small amounts of phytoplankton to a bottle of live copepods. To dense of a phytoplankton will kill off the copepods. Agree with the previous poster add the entire bottle and you shouldn't have a issue

mark thompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the dosing?

Be carful their stuff is very concentrated. I was able to make three bottles out of there one using fresh salt mix be very conservative when using it uncut. but it is a good price was able to make it last for three months in my heavily stocked 75gal

What member(s) of your home reef are your priority?

• My fish

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • My coral

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • My inverts

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other Livestock (Please explain!)

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back