Really Innovative Marine?

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I saw a thread from 2023 talking about how Innovative Marine stopped allowing you to buy the tank only, you had to get a stand, or something like that.

Now they have removed that option and you can only buy the complete reef ready systems. If you google the tanks, the pages pop up, but when you go to them, the IM site says “product not available”. Why on earth would IM do this, they make great tanks but there are a ton of DIYers in this industry that just want the tanks. Now you can’t even just scrap the stand, you have to get the pumps, sumps, etc. this is very disappointing. This sounds like business leaders completely disconnected from the customers saying wow our GM on a whole system is way higher than a tank so let’s just force our customers to buy that. I can’t imagine they will find this to be a smart move in the long run. I’m super bummed about this. Poor move by what was once a great, innovative company.

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I don't know enough about business practice to write a comment worth anything. That being said, this seems about as good of an idea as New Coke Flavor was in the mid 80s.

Coral Your World

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
And these 4” tall pedestals that they sell rather than stands for some of the tanks (e.g. 25 gallon lagoon).. dumbest s**t I have ever seen

dlai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interested in their 100EXT and also bummed they no longer just sell the tank + stand on the site. They seem to in the sizes 112g and over though…

TOP 10 Trending Threads

IS IT POSSIBLE TO "MASTER" REEFING? WHY OR WHY NOT?

• Yes.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • No.

Votes: 99 56.6%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 11 6.3%
Back