Recover coral dying from overheated tank?

McCarrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all,
Two days ago, my tank overheated to about 90°F. The only actual livestock that didn't make it was my two cleaner shrimp. Most of my coral is doing okay except my frogspawn and gold tipped hammer. It's' been receeding for 2 days now but has not lost all of it's flesh. Does anyone have any advice on how to try to help stop the tissue recession? I'm doing a water change today and have turned off the lights with the thought that maybe it would help but I really have no idea. Thanks for any input

BKLYN651

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power failure caused my heat to malfunction and overheated my 15 gallon reef to 92 degrees. Got temperature back to 80 with water changes. See some active snails, fish that I see are dead. Urchin dead, most coral looks bad. I did not run a filter, instead used chaeto in filter compartment. Is the Chaeto dead?
image.jpg

OP
OP
McCarrick

McCarrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power failure caused my heat to malfunction and overheated my 15 gallon reef to 92 degrees. Got temperature back to 80 with water changes. See some active snails, fish that I see are dead. Urchin dead, most coral looks bad. I did not run a filter, instead used chaeto in filter compartment. Is the Chaeto dead?
image.jpg
My guess is the chaeto isn't dead but I would definitely look at it and see and attach photos of it

DO YOU HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOUR LFS?

• Yes, I have full confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 71 27.0%
  • Yes, I have confidence in my LFS, but only about certain things.

Votes: 114 43.3%
  • No, I do not have confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 64 24.3%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 14 5.3%
Back