Red Sea Phosphate Pro Pipettes

GammaYankee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My cat chewed up the pipettes that comes with the Red Sea Phosphate pro test kit. Any idea how many ml of reagents A (13 drops) and reagent B (4 drops) should I add? Thanks in advance. And here is the suspect.

IMG_6290.jpg

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My cat chewed up the pipettes that comes with the Red Sea Phosphate pro test kit. Any idea how many ml of reagents A (13 drops) and reagent B (4 drops) should I add? Thanks in advance. And here is the suspect.

IMG_6290.jpg
Wouldn’t buying some droppers at the pharmacy probably be better?

By the way, a drop is usually between 20-30 uL so you’re looking at around 260-390 uL for first reagent and between 80-120 uL for the second. So mL based measurements are unlikely to work unless you have micro pipettes.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_6290.jpg
Where is the cat buried?

Sorry about the tools, I don't have those testers to investigate. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

OP
OP
G

GammaYankee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn’t buying some droppers at the pharmacy probably be better?

By the way, a drop is usually between 20-30 uL so you’re looking at around 260-390 uL for first reagent and between 80-120 uL for the second. So mL based measurements are unlikely to work unless you have micro pipettes.
Thanks! But those droppers might be different from the red sea one? I was planning to use the syringe that came with my red sea alk test kit to measure the reagent. I have moved to hanna for Alk anyways. Would that work?

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks! But those droppers might be different from the red sea one? I was planning to use the syringe that came with my red sea alk test kit to measure the reagent. I have moved to hanna for Alk anyways. Would that work?
It should. I would do 0.35 mL for reagent 1 and .1 mL for reagent 2.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 50 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 176 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.9%
Back