Red Sea Reefer 350 G2 catastrophic failure

Reef-Mart

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
But the G2 has reenforced seams!

Sorry this happened, this would end reefing for me. All acrylic now on anything over 60 gallons.
I’m all acrylic as well, glass makes me nervous. I’ll take scratches over broken seams any day!

BristleWormHater

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously stop supporting this brand!
It's easier said then done. Even if you don't buy a red sea tank, their products are very prolific a lot of people use their salt and supplements like ab+, which are quality products.

VintageReefer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's easier said then done. Even if you don't buy a red sea tank, their products are very prolific a lot of people use their salt and supplements like ab+, which are quality products.
true. But if people stop buying tanks, they eventually will stop making tanks

VintageReefer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm so sorry for what you guys had to go through. That seems like a nightmare.

On a related-note, weren't the G2's designed to "address" the leaks?
Yes and it did improve and reduce failures but there still are g2 failures

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This really sucks. Not sure if you've contacted your home owners insurance yet. I had a tank empty overnight years ago. When I called the claim in the the person I spoke with asked if the tank leaked or broke. She said if it leaked it isn't covered but if it broke it was covered. I said it broke even tho it hadn't. She said ok let's get things started. I was so lucky to get someone that coached me on my responce. Just mentioning it ;)

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People need to vote with their wallets and stop supporting these companies that clearly don’t care about their customers.
And this is the answer. I'm not sure what they are thinking about with their seemingly standard response to a known issue across the hobby. One thing I've learned over the decades is that sometimes, speaking to someone higher up on the food chain can lead to more of a positive outcome, reimbursement wise. Not that I'd go for another tank from them, but perhaps some reasonable trade for product that is not a tank. Hey man, sorry you're going through this.

Take a look at Glass Cages. They are more expensive gallon per gallon, but they've got a great product and excellent support staff. You can actually have them build a tank to your exact specifications. When I finally launch, this is the company I'm going through.

Last edited:

RelaxingWithTheReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Years ago I was moving beautiful stainless steel boat propeller, and the tip of the blade just nicked the edge of my tank. It instantly caused a crack across the entire front of the tank, and created the most incredible thin waterfall.

With some quick thinking I went into the kitchen and grabbed a drawstring garbage bag, and put it into the tank to seal the leak. The out flowing water sucked the bag in, and instantly stopped 99% of the leak. This gave me valuable time to siphon out the water and care for the fish.

Maybe Red Sea should include one with every tank.

Paleozoic_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Years ago I was moving beautiful stainless steel boat propeller, and the tip of the blade just nicked the edge of my tank. It instantly caused a crack across the entire front of the tank, and created the most incredible thin waterfall.

With some quick thinking I went into the kitchen and grabbed a drawstring garbage bag, and put it into the tank to seal the leak. The out flowing water sucked the bag in, and instantly stopped 99% of the leak. This gave me valuable time to siphon out the water and care for the fish.

Maybe Red Sea should include one with every tank.
I’m staring at two RSR in my living room (350 and a 450) and this is a good idea to buy a few extra minutes to gather your sanity and supplies!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

IF YOU HAD A CAREER IN REEF-KEEPING, WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING? AND WHY?

• Selling and distributing livestock!

Votes: 43 36.1%
  • Selling and distributing equipment!

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • Breeding and Aquaculture!

Votes: 52 43.7%
  • Livestock Disease and Treatment!

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Chemistry!

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • Designing and Maintenance of tanks!

Votes: 26 21.8%
  • Research and Education!

Votes: 26 21.8%
  • Reefing Equipment and Dry Goods Creation and Manufacturing!

Votes: 14 11.8%
  • Conservation!

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other (please explain)!

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back