Red Sea Reefer 3XL 900 G2+ Noob Build

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Share some pics soon

Ya I’ll toss some up I’m currently in the super ugly phase.
here is my sump image.jpg
pardon the blue, this light only has blue or red, thing I want you to notice is the strainer…
in the other hole in the main compartment is a small powerhead blowing water in from the other side image.jpg
again, pardon the terrible photo quality, I just wanted you to know than refugium compartment gets stagnant almost without some circulation from the other side, just circulating on one side is inadequate apparently as I had stuff dying until I modified it a lil

KHH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
pardon the blue, this light only has blue or red, thing I want you to notice is the strainer…
in the other hole in the main compartment is a small powerhead blowing water in from the other side image.jpg
again, pardon the terrible photo quality, I just wanted you to know than refugium compartment gets stagnant almost without some circulation from the other side, just circulating on one side is inadequate apparently as I had stuff dying until I modified it a lil
Ya I had the same issue I had to put two powerheads in because I have the divider in.

OP
OP
ze_reef

ze_reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I have two wavemakers in my extension sump running as of now. One compartment I filled up with liverock and the other at the back is my refugium with the wavemaker to get the chaeto to tumble. Thanks for the heads up @Doctorgori and @KHH

Attachments

• IMG_1614.jpeg
    IMG_1614.jpeg
    239.5 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
ze_reef

ze_reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank today, please pardon the mess, I’m still working on organizing all the cords and stuff. This is all the equipment I’ve installed so far:

3 Red Sea 160s
2 Red Sea Reefwave 45
Red Sea Reefmat 1200
Red Sea ATO+
2 Ecotech MP40
Octo Regal 150S Protein Skimmer
Sicce Syncra SDC 9.0 return pump
Neptune COR15 to feed the UV
Neptune Apex A3 Pro w/ 1 EB832, 3 EB8
FMM and WXM modules
Neptune Trident
IM Helio Heater x2 500w
2 BRS Titanium 300W Heaters with Inkbird
2 wavemakers in the extension sump
Aqua UV Classic 57 watt

IMG_1604.jpeg IMG_1605.jpeg IMG_1609.jpeg IMG_1610.jpeg IMG_1611.jpeg IMG_1606.jpeg IMG_1608.jpeg IMG_1614.jpeg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 52 20.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 189 73.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.7%
Back