Redsea Max Nano G2 XL running hot

erok75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a Redsea Max Nano G2 Xl with skimmer pump and return pump off runs at 74 degrees (that is my house temp) with both pumps are on runs at 81.7 to 82.. Is this normal no heater plugged in... suggestions on what i should do? Thanks

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just purchased a Redsea Max Nano G2 Xl with skimmer pump and return pump off runs at 74 degrees (that is my house temp) with both pumps are on runs at 81.7 to 82.. Is this normal no heater plugged in... suggestions on what i should do? Thanks
Talk to RedSea - or the place you bought the tank from. I would also double check your temps in your house - and your aquarium

OP
OP
E

erok75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talk to RedSea - or the place you bought the tank from. I would also double check your temps in your house - and your aquarium
I spoke with redsea and they sent me new return pump and skimmer pump installed both still the same problem tank is 82.5 with no heater… If I turn both pumps off them goes down to 74 which is the temp of my house… any ideas for replacement pumps that I could swap in? Also this is a brand new tank direct from redsea

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I spoke with redsea and they sent me new return pump and skimmer pump installed both still the same problem tank is 82.5 with no heater… If I turn both pumps off them goes down to 74 which is the temp of my house… any ideas for replacement pumps that I could swap in? Also this is a brand new tank direct from redsea
If I were you - I would ask RedSea to eat the cost of a pump that works in your tank. OR - ask them to figure out what's going on - since your numbers are not 'normal' (or acceptable)

OP
OP
E

erok75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here was their response i am really curious is other redsea max nano xl folks are having the same issue?

Dear Eric,

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. After replacing both pumps there is not much more I can do to assist you with this. Like all pumps, they produce heat when functioning. Being that the volume of the aquarium is small, this heat can be more noticeable.
Best Regards,
Scott
Red Sea Group
Red Sea

content-blocker%3A
Eric Pesachowitz
Jun 19, 2024, 23:24 GMT+1
Hey Scott,

Thanks for sending the two pumps I installed both of them and the same problem. My tank is at 82.2° currently and still getting hotter. Can you recommend other pumps I could purchase to put in the Aquarium I can’t believe I’m the only person that has this problem.

I also have the ATO plus from Red Sea. I can send you the temp logs if that would help you please let me know. Thanks.

Thanks
Eric 202-683-7972

sk2024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ,
I too got a Redsea Nano XL recently. Same issue mine is going to 84F. Contacted Redsea they said it is due to the pumps and I have to keep the ambient temp atleast at 72F. Even after doing it still my tank is going above 80F.
Don't know what to do.

What member(s) of your home reef are your priority?

• My fish

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • My coral

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • My inverts

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other Livestock (Please explain!)

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back