Reef Factory Smart Tester - Time for a test!

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, if it just bad reagents, then it’s not a problem. But the cartridge style reagent seem to have more problem. We try connect a hard tubing from the joint side of the yellow rubber cover, and it goes very smoothly. I think the white bottle version reagents should do better with reagent 2.
Pretty sure the cartridges only go in one way to be able to click into place, yours is backwards.

Baboo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure the cartridges only go in one way to be able to click into place, yours is backwards.
Yes, I know. This works better with a hard tubing going in the cartridge. The regular connector side just doesn’t work very well. Very odd. It keep on getting error message saying can’t get reagent 2.
Once plug to the reverse side. It works immediately.

Biggie&Dinkles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any word on the Nitrate reagents?

I've been wondering the same. Reef factory announced on their Facebook page months ago that nitrate was nearly ready for release but it's been crickets since. Not sure if calcium reagents are out, but there doesn't seem to be any available in Australia.

I'd love daily automated phosphate testing, but there is absolutely no zero need for testing magnesium this frequently (or at all).

So far it seems the smart tester only has one available (useful) reagent kit.

It's a shame as Ive already got a KH Keeper, and like the app (great features despite some kinks). I wouldn't mind having more RF gear

Queen City Reefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been wondering the same. Reef factory announced on their Facebook page months ago that nitrate was nearly ready for release but it's been crickets since. Not sure if calcium reagents are out, but there doesn't seem to be any available in Australia.

I'd love daily automated phosphate testing, but there is absolutely no zero need for testing magnesium this frequently (or at all).

So far it seems the smart tester only has one available (useful) reagent kit.

It's a shame as Ive already got a KH Keeper, and like the app (great features despite some kinks). I wouldn't mind having more RF gear
Yeah. I bought an extra smart tester to be able to test phosphate. It was on sale for a bit over $300. So figured why not but now desperately waiting for the reagents to be released.

ravi197699

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers,

So this arrived in the mail today! Chuffed and exited to see what they're like! Has anyone here tried them out yet?

My plan is to run one testing phosphates daily and the other one, eventually testing nitrate daily. For now, the second unit will be tried out with the magnesium reagents.

As for the Dosing Pump Pro X1, I plan on dosing Reef Zlements Phosphate remover basis the results from the Smart Tester.

Alternatively, it will be used for aminos :star-struck:

A more detailed review will be coming down the line..

1000001576.jpg
Hello gm, what monitor are you using for Neptune dashboard?

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, the phosphate tester that I have spinning away on the wall has been running absolutely flawlessly since i set it up back in early December. It reads consistently within 0.01 of my Hanna Phosphorous ULR - I am extremely pleased.

I have set it up to work with one of the new X1 dosing pumps to maintain my phosphates levels in check.

As for the nitrate and calcium reagents, they are not quite out yet. Reef Factory told me recently that nitrate reagents are almost ready. I am waiting for an early version for me to test - I will update you once I have them up and running.

What are you dosing for your Phosphate control? And are you happy with it?

Hirbodmhk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me and a few other friends just got 5 Smart tester for PO4, 2 is up running, and it’s still less than a month old. We are already having issues with reagent 2. It got a much thicker consistency liquid, and keep getting the pump can’t add reagent failure messages. Both Smart Testers that are running have the same issue. I’m surprised no one else has the same experience, and 2 out of the 5 units we have this same problem. Once we get this error, the accuracy goes down as well.
We also bought 10 reagents packs, and 5 out of 10 reagents packs have leakage problem upon arrival. Very poor packaging.
Hey brother, I do get the same error constantly with all my 4 devices it’s very frustrating

Hirbodmhk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me and a few other friends just got 5 Smart tester for PO4, 2 is up running, and it’s still less than a month old. We are already having issues with reagent 2. It got a much thicker consistency liquid, and keep getting the pump can’t add reagent failure messages. Both Smart Testers that are running have the same issue. I’m surprised no one else has the same experience, and 2 out of the 5 units we have this same problem. Once we get this error, the accuracy goes down as well.
We also bought 10 reagents packs, and 5 out of 10 reagents packs have leakage problem upon arrival. Very poor packaging.
Hey I’ve had the same issues, did you ever get the error can’t add failure??

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back