REEF OF THE MONTH - July 2024: Sabellafella's Mixed Reef with 500+ Corals!!!

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Congrats Chris, well deserved and keep up the good work!!!!!!

One quick question, how do you manage the new saltwater high Alk for every water change since you mentioned you use IO RC salt and you keep your tank Alk that low?
So I've actually tried most if the mainstream saltmixes. Although the alk is all over the place right, we can figure out fluctuations with some math.

Most of us use hobby grade test kits so beside the degree of uncertainty, we can only really estimate the values here.
My system runs very low 7.0.

Rc typically runs around 10.5 to 11.

7 to 11 Is about a 4 dkh difference. If I pulled 25 percent of my water volumn, that would raise my alk about 1dkh. Which im comfortable with.

At the lower alkalinity level I feel like swings up to 8dkh like that don't effect anything. I under dose throught the week to keep my alk in range. Which normally hovers around 7.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Impressive how you keep such divergent species looking top notch all in the same system.

Darren
Challenging for sure. One of the things I hold a bit a pride from.

I do have some trouble with mushrooms, but I figured out recently, they don't like the prazipro in interceptor chews. Once I went back to milbemycin only my mushrooms started to thrive again. Other then that nearly all species I've tried do extremely well.

Juano908

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've actually tried most if the mainstream saltmixes. Although the alk is all over the place right, we can figure out fluctuations with some math.

Most of us use hobby grade test kits so beside the degree of uncertainty, we can only really estimate the values here.
My system runs very low 7.0.

Rc typically runs around 10.5 to 11.

7 to 11 Is about a 4 dkh difference. If I pulled 25 percent of my water volumn, that would raise my alk about 1dkh. Which im comfortable with.

At the lower alkalinity level I feel like swings up to 8dkh like that don't effect anything. I under dose throught the week to keep my alk in range. Which normally hovers around 7.
Got it.

Yanir34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank !
can I ask what bulb combination do you have at your ATI ?
also , what type or reef brite LED's did you install ? what intesty do you run them ?

DaprDon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations! I love what a cheap dirty salt can do! Instant Ocean Reef Crystals might be dirtier than some other salts, but my coral and coralline algae love it!
Total respect, gorgeous tank!

mariano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! Congrats!
Rhyming Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

rc8t6353

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely beautiful tank! I followed you on Instagram years ago when i was relatively new to reefing, and the look of your tank has always been goals!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back