Reef Radiance led light..OMG..What a light....

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the spread/coverage on the 165p? Plan on mounting it up high on a 58 gallon ( same footprint as a 40breeder but taller)

Hi ChiefAcan - we use 6500 nm on our lower kelvin whites as this seems to grow coral much better than lower ranges. I have tried many many different combinations over the years and found that splitting the white to 6500 and 14000 kelvin is the best way to maximize growth and fully illuminate your aquarium.

Rick

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest two pendant light for a tank 36 inches in length. Most pendant lights will cover 24 x 24 inches and we add a bit with our unique 120 degree optics placement in the outer row of LEDs - but 36 inches would be a stretch. I have a 40 breeder ( that I love ) and have run it quite successfully with a DM-165m ( picture on our site under MOUNTING SOLUTIONS ) but you will see a little drop off on the sides. Not a problem for me - I just raised my light 14 inches and it was fine - but I am reluctant to claim that our DM-165 series will cover a tank this size - because the minute I do - someone will buy one for a 40B wanting to grow SPS in the top corners and will be unhappy.....(-:

You can always try one and see if it works for you and if it does not - buy a second one.

Rick

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to thank Bow for the time he spent helping us beta test the 165p and for being our very first tester/adviser/monitor. He spent a lot of his time helping us work out the bugs on this light and only because he is a cool guy and wanted to help us provide the coolest lights for the best price. I have about 50 interested people for this group and will get to all of you as soon as I can - but MACNA took all our attention for the month prior and we are still trying to catch up. By the way - we will be at MACNA 2015 with a even bigger booth and some very cool new products as well.

Rick

Beradd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grats Rick! glad your well laid plans have come o fruition. I will most likely be in contact with you for one of these new ones this year. Iwould like more control over my main tank than the original 155e allows, which would then move the old 155 to my frag tank. at least that's the plan.. grats again!

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lastly - we are about to start letting people join forr - friends of reef radiance. This will be a group of hobbyists who are also customers and they will help us to continue to provide the high level of customer service we currently provide and as a reward will receive the very best deals on products - many which will never be advertised anywhere and only available to forr members. I am talking about very special pricing - wholesale prices - and access to the very cool items that we end up with and never sell but will sell to forr members for huge discounts. We will be rolling out the details shortly - so stay posted.................... Rick

Gunner2012

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi to my fellow Reef Radiance owners.

Rick,
I have two Evergrow IT2040's on my Marineland 93 cube 29.9 x 29.9 x 24.9. I have been playing with the lighting %. I am just curious what the other reefers out there that own the IT2040's have there % at and how high off the water. I have both LPS and SPS. Thanks all!

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HEY EVERYONE - AS YOU MAY KNOW REEF RADIANE JUST BECAME A DISTRIBUTOR FOR BOTH REEF KEEPER AND REEF ANGEL CONTROLLERS. WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SELL BELOW MAP ( MINIMUM ADVERTISED PRICING ) SO I AM GIVING AWAY SOME CRAZY STUFF WITH ANY PURCHASE OF ANY CONTROLLER. WE HAVE BEEN ACCUSED OF SELLING THINGS TOO INEXPENSIVELY (USUALLY BY OTHER DISTRIBUTORS) - BUT THIS TIME I REALLY WENT A TAD CRAZY. TAKE A SECOND AND CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW AND SPREAD THE WORD FAR AND WIDE ABOUT THESE DEALS. THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME MAKING MONEY - AT THESE DEALS THERE IS NOT A LOT OF PROFIT - IT IS REALLY ABOUT TELLING YOUR FRIENDS AND THE AQUARIUM WORLD ABOUT SOME SICK DEALS AND SAVING PEOPLE A LOT OF MONEY ...................... Reef Keeper - Reef Radiance RICK

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sound like another winner from RR and Rick. I'll have to do some research on both the REEF KEEPER AND REEF ANGEL CONTROLLERS.
What can both do for our systems and Reef Radiance lights,..... that already have the programing ?

Last edited:

Dmmz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was for the apex I would be interested

Tpakiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize this is a long shot, but...does anyone have a Pro 240 or Fusion 360 that is too much for their tank that they'd consider trading for a Pro 180 in great condition and $$$? I bought a Pro 180 (shipped 5/28/14), but am upgrading to a 120 gallon (4x2x2) tank and think I'll need more coverage.

icsparks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help on figuring out what is the proper percentage to use with my pro 240's. Lights are 8" above water line on a 24" deep tank. I use the 10 hour 30 min program. Some corals bleached at 30% white 40% blue so have been dropping percentages down to 20% white and 25% blue max. Corals are doing better but no growth. My orange monti still looks very pale even after 6 weeks at this low level. There are some corals that are now turning brown for lack of light. Should I start to increase the lights back up slowly and at what ratio between blue and white should I be set at. Right now the tank has a washed out dull color with the 5% difference between the blue and white. I'm thinking of adding t5's to help with color.

Bow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help on figuring out what is the proper percentage to use with my pro 240's. Lights are 8" above water line on a 24" deep tank. I use the 10 hour 30 min program. Some corals bleached at 30% white 40% blue so have been dropping percentages down to 20% white and 25% blue max. Corals are doing better but no growth. My orange monti still looks very pale even after 6 weeks at this low level. There are some corals that are now turning brown for lack of light. Should I start to increase the lights back up slowly and at what ratio between blue and white should I be set at. Right now the tank has a washed out dull color with the 5% difference between the blue and white. I'm thinking of adding t5's to help with color.

What type of lighting were you using before this? You need to acclimate the corals to the new light. Might be time to start increasing the %

Orbela

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HEY EVERYONE - AS YOU MAY KNOW REEF RADIANE JUST BECAME A DISTRIBUTOR FOR BOTH REEF KEEPER AND REEF ANGEL CONTROLLERS. WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SELL BELOW MAP ( MINIMUM ADVERTISED PRICING ) SO I AM GIVING AWAY SOME CRAZY STUFF WITH ANY PURCHASE OF ANY CONTROLLER. WE HAVE BEEN ACCUSED OF SELLING THINGS TOO INEXPENSIVELY (USUALLY BY OTHER DISTRIBUTORS) - BUT THIS TIME I REALLY WENT A TAD CRAZY. TAKE A SECOND AND CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW AND SPREAD THE WORD FAR AND WIDE ABOUT THESE DEALS. THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME MAKING MONEY - AT THESE DEALS THERE IS NOT A LOT OF PROFIT - IT IS REALLY ABOUT TELLING YOUR FRIENDS AND THE AQUARIUM WORLD ABOUT SOME SICK DEALS AND SAVING PEOPLE A LOT OF MONEY ...................... Reef Keeper - Reef Radiance RICK

Are you going to carry Reef Keeper Archon when it releases?

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was using pro 180s over a 75 gal and was bleaching acros, some down low, if either channel went above 55%

Things like acans, favia, birdsnest and some chalices had to be kept in the shade.

If the par meter read over 250 things would bleach, even corals like green slimers, etc.

These lights are quite powerful ime

Now - I did not do fancy ramping with these. They came on and ran for 6 hours at the highest setting I had programmed, then tapered down for the next 4. Higher percentages could have been used had I tapered up and down, but I had more success keeping things simple. Just my experience

Last edited:

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I hvae my Lumentek Pro 240 over my 20" deep tank. I peak out at 65% blue and 35% white. I ran Par tests on my tank not too long ago. I have super clear water and at 80% blue and 40% white, I hit 250 par on the bottom and 500s on the top. these are actual meter readings so i scaled it back. My zoas are super happy except some lower light ones. I have a massive Merulina on the bottom and it is doing well.

see this post. https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/le...odes-light-omg-what-light-87.html#post1976772

parreadings.jpg

Last edited:

zwulfke

Reefer Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rick is awesome another good deal and more stuff since I upgraded thank you rick

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lumentek-pro 240 I'm intrested in maybe a swap for a 360 fusion if anyone is intrested. .... ? Pm me! I upgraded tanks from a 3 ft to a 5 ft.

Tphill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fusion 360 over my standard 120 and really like the light. I have it 14" above the water and running at 40% max on blues and 25% max on all others for now, and plenty of light. I use the 10 minute steps. A pain to program, but I do like the very gradual ramping. I think it would work well over a 5 foot tank.

What member(s) of your home reef are your priority?

• My fish

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • My coral

Votes: 27 54.0%
  • My inverts

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Other Livestock (Please explain!)

Votes: 2 4.0%
Back