Rock flower question

DangerDave

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do believe you're onto something. I've had him for almost 6 months. He's only gotten bigger since I moved him into the big tank. I hope all this puffing doesn't mean I'm about to have many, out of one! (I'll send it back to the folks San Diego!!)
If that's the case, I bet you'll like it. Nothing better than finding a bunch of tiny flower nems throughout your system....

OP
OP
SueAbu

SueAbu

Forever Newb
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that's the case, I bet you'll like it. Nothing better than finding a bunch of tiny flower nems throughout your system....
Do I detect a note of sarcasm? (I inherited the 1 big tank because 1 rose tipped BTA (see top of family picture) became 45 and the former owner was over it all.) I like the green guy, but not TOO many of him... And. Certainly not in the pipes!

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen RFAs act like that when fed some foods like reef roids (someone else's posts). But I'm sure the first one is an RFA, just bloated. @jkcoral seen this look before?

Just looks like the nem is chilling, hanging out to me. No gaping mouth, no issues being attached, and no problems eating. Just looks like a healthy nem doing nem things :)

I see them puff up when I feed powdered foods like reef roids, they puff up like balloons. Other times I’ve seen them do it is if they are about to poop, or if they’ve been moving around and currently trying to stuff their foot into a crevice that isn’t deep enough to settle completely flat. And after all, anemones just sometimes do odd things!

paragrouper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Borneman anemone perhaps? Phymanthus buitendijki. I've been away from the hobby for about 16 years, but it does have a similar appearance. I kept them for a few years. They multiplied, but never got to plague proportions for me if that's what in fact it is.
That’s what I thought from the tentacles. Here’s mine for reference.
IMG_3267.jpeg

DO YOU HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOUR LFS?

• Yes, I have full confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 101 28.9%
  • Yes, I have confidence in my LFS, but only about certain things.

Votes: 146 41.8%
  • No, I do not have confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 86 24.6%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 16 4.6%
Back