Roy’s fin looks damaged

kimts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m brand new to this hobby and admittedly obsessive since I started my nano tank in May. I added Roy and Keely on May 22. They’ve been doing really well, but today I noticed that Roy’s pelvic fin looks damaged, shredded almost. He doesn’t seem to be affected by it, but is it something I should be worried about?
IMG_8990.jpeg
IMG_8991.jpeg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you please post white light photos and a 30 second video?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I’m brand new to this hobby and admittedly obsessive since I started my nano tank in May. I added Roy and Keely on May 22. They’ve been doing really well, but today I noticed that Roy’s pelvic fin looks damaged, shredded almost. He doesn’t seem to be affected by it, but is it something I should be worried about?
IMG_8990.jpeg
IMG_8991.jpeg
This is clear aggression and likely bites which are not uncommon especially from the larger of the two clowns which typically is the female which gets territorial, hogs the food, part of the tank and often bullying the smaller male
Will heal on its own as long as there is no continued aggression or you will have to separate them

OP
OP
kimts

kimts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a short video. I wondered if it was from Keely, but I never saw them go at each other.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a short video. I wondered if it was from Keely, but I never saw them go at each other.
It for certain is damage, and that is almost always caused by another fish. If there are just the two clowns, then it must be the other one.
Clowns are really sly - while you are watching them, they stop fighting and watch you. Also, the bites are over in a split second and may only happen a few times a day - you may never see it happen.

DOES TANK SIZE MATTER WHEN TRYING TO MAINTAIN A STABLE ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR REEF?

• Yes, the environment in smaller tanks is harder to maintain.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Yes, the environment in larger tank is harder to maintain.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reef environments are hard to maintain no matter the size of the tank.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • You have problems maintaining your reef's environment? Noob.

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 3 11.5%
Back