Saltwater Tanks: What do you hate?

64Ivy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefkeepers who leave their magnetic glass cleaners stuck to their tanks 24/7. Even in FTS photos!

Gaines69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finding a hitchhiker and not being able to find out what it is.
74e6bde1a38921f8b3c1bf3538cdc37f.jpg
15866dcb82b9eaec3ecd6332ab4e8ba8.jpg
I mean what if it's bad for my tank. Lol

Gaines69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you look close there is a small oval shell that's about half it's length

Thanks so much for the info. This was the first time I have seen him. I was thinking it was a slug. lol I'm learning so much from the critters I find that came with the live rock. I can just set and watch this tank for hours. My son had a friend over and the first thing he spotted in the tank was Spike, my short spined urchin.

VP616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...the "death stare" my wife gives me because another box arrived from BRS, MarineDepot, Amazon, etc.

It's the same stare I get when she hears water sloshing when I'm carrying plastic bags into the house. I noticed during those times, I make the same movements and actions as my 3-year old when he gets caught doing something wrong.

londonloco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my Wife says the tank is cleaner then the house!

My tanks are cleaner than my house, hands down!

I have 2 fw tanks and a reef, and while currently my sw fish are more colorful than my fw fish, I have had Mbuna that gives ANY sw fish a run for it's money.

Edit....on topic.....fighting algae......

Last edited:

Gaines69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I hate that I put the aquarium up in one room and now I want it in another but I'm scared to move it because everyone is doing so good.

Webslinger

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are brackish water. They actually do better in saltwater then when put in freshwater as they won't live there long. There is a freshwater Sakura breed but they grow larger.

Mr. Bill

View Badges
Reaction score
Head of the Chesapeake, North East, Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are brackish water. They actually do better in saltwater then when put in freshwater as they won't live there long. There is a freshwater Sakura breed but they grow larger.

Another pet peeve of mine- the misrepresentation of animals by the friendly, knowledgeable LFS. Brackish fish that would thrive far better in saltwater being sold as freshwater species. And I wonder how many millions of fiddler crabs and land hermits have suffered a long, horrible death at the hands of those who took advice solely from the LFS. The fiddler is not even aquatic, nevermind freshwater, and the hermit is not a desert animal. Both are shoreline creatures that require a large area of dry land, and a saltwater pool for bathing.

Back