OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
TOday is the last day for this crazy 50% off deal all sales will end today and prices on the site will increase by 15% and all codes will be deleted.

grab what you want today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a full reef system under one of the bridges here, its a legit park.

From the keys to west palm beach is reefs from 30-100ft of water. Not great barrier quality by any stretch but ya get the idea
Back in the day that was the spot. Horrible current though.

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I think if you aren't "SELLING"... they also can't really do anything. It's similar to the Hawaii ban. They can't take a yellow tang to sell, but they can take one to eat. (Locals eat fried tangs)
I snorkeled with a massive naso and lieutenant tang while i was in maui, massive. Definitely an eater but considering the amount of quality fish there no idea why someone would opt for a tang.

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I snorkeled with a massive naso and lieutenant tang while i was in maui, massive. Definitely an eater but considering the amount of quality fish there no idea why someone would opt for a tang.
No idea... might be similar to people eating pigs feet or something. No real reason other than they do.
kole_tang_fried.jpg

Vinaka_vakalevu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you define as quality fish? The big pelagic species?

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Please everyone remember as we build our community here we encourage you to speak about all things coral and hobby and life not just related to sbb you can share other corals you got from other vendors. You can sell here and trade we don't want to limit the talk to just sbb

Vinaka_vakalevu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah bluewater fish; mahi, ono, ahi
It’s a relatively involved answer, but the simple answer is cost. Your average Hawaiian can walk out to the edge of a reef with a sling a pair of fins mask and a snorkel and shoot enough reef fish in an hour swim to feed his family dinner. The cost of those open water fish is exorbitant to have to rely upon for day in and day out eating.

Vinaka_vakalevu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But it’s much deeper and goes to preservation of culture and society by an amazingly proud group of people who feel wildly marginalized in todays Hawaii

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a relatively involved answer, but the simple answer is cost. Your average Hawaiian can walk out to the edge of a reef with a sling a pair of fins and a snorkel and shoot enough reef fish in an hour swim to feed his family dinner. The cost of those open water fish is exorbitant to have to rely upon for day in and day out eating.
Yeah i get that. I was spoiled with my excursion in kona. I understand that not all of hawaii blue water fishing is the same, but id run a 23ft CC out of kona and go catch a couple YFT and be set for the week. I can troll all day on $50, call it $100 w/ hawaii gas prices.

Regardless im sure theres better eating fish than a bony tang with a rod and reel from shore. To each their own.

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But it’s much deeper and goes to preservation of culture and society by an amazingly proud group of people who feel wildly marginalized in todays Hawaii
We have the opposite problem in FL. Carribean migrants will illegally harvest fish most consider inedible (Sgt Majors for example) or undersized fish. We have a robust Fish and Wildlife commission but they cant keep up.

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
TOday is the last day for this crazy 50% off deal all sales will end today and prices on the site will increase by 15% and all codes will be deleted.

grab what you want today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What member(s) of your home reef are your priority?

• My fish

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • My coral

Votes: 40 55.6%
  • My inverts

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other Livestock (Please explain!)

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back