SBB- Father’s Day Clearance Coral sale!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 16, Members: 10, Guests: 6)

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only wish I had someone to sell coral to. No time to sell online and local stores don’t want the high end stuff. Sometimes the local shops will take some of it for free but sometimes not. Had an idea for my son to set up a website and sell dad’s coral and make tons of money. Well, he never had any interest and it never happened and he is now off to college. So my standard procedure is frag a big colony, grow out frags in frag tank, it encrusts all over the place and they get too big, then frag again, have like 100+ frags, again get too big, need room, throw them in the garbage. What a waste of time and money!!! I gave up adding up market value to what has gone in the trash but have to believe it would be well over a million bucks over the last 20+ years. When you throw out hundreds of Homewrecker frags it adds up quick. It’s one thing to think about it but the act of actually taking the coral out of the tank and placing it in the trash is very painful and very difficult to actually do.
If you have time for a tank..I'm sure you have time to ship. Pack it up and drop it off...no biggie. Make it worth your time monetarily

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My work schedule doesn't usually allow me time to get home, bag and box stuff up, and make it to a shipping drop off before they close.
I've shipped stuff FROM work before. Fedex and UPS drop off and pick up daily... just hand the driver the box as long as you prepaid for the label accordingly they take em.

Miclmcorallover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only wish I had someone to sell coral to. No time to sell online and local stores don’t want the high end stuff. Sometimes the local shops will take some of it for free but sometimes not. Had an idea for my son to set up a website and sell dad’s coral and make tons of money. Well, he never had any interest and it never happened and he is now off to college. So my standard procedure is frag a big colony, grow out frags in frag tank, it encrusts all over the place and they get too big, then frag again, have like 100+ frags, again get too big, need room, throw them in the garbage. What a waste of time and money!!! I gave up adding up market value to what has gone in the trash but have to believe it would be well over a million bucks over the last 20+ years. When you throw out hundreds of Homewrecker frags it adds up quick. It’s one thing to think about it but the act of actually taking the coral out of the tank and placing it in the trash is very painful and very difficult to actually do.
please dont throw them away, lots of people here would be willing to help you dispose of them. id pay shipping plus some for your time

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm still looking for a magic carpet mushroom and Jawbreakers hook up. :/

evilexotica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darn team meeting. I can't mute because no games, auctions, or drops
97DF629E-F65A-478F-95AA-8186CBE4EB96.gif

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had FL dpt of agriculture leave, did my site inspection today, since theres living reef a few miles of my house they take it a little more serious.

My LFS do pretty good on store credit, issue is trying to find what product to buy and resell without taking a further hit. You should be able to sustain your operating costs pretty easily with a stable tank and a good relationship with LFS.

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just had FL dpt of agriculture leave, did my site inspection today, since theres living reef a few miles of my house they take it a little more serious.

My LFS do pretty good on store credit, issue is trying to find what product to buy and resell without taking a further hit. You should be able to sustain your operating costs pretty easily with a stable tank and a good relationship with LFS.
Hold up... need to clarify. So FL has to check and verify your home tank isn't stocked from your backyard??

What member(s) of your home reef are your priority?

• My fish

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • My coral

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • My inverts

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other Livestock (Please explain!)

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back