SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 9, Members: 8, Guests: 1)

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious, they are interesting but not for me. Does it have good color? A lot of argument saying they can't be grown under LEDs, must have white light, etc.
Well....don't tell mine that
Screenshot_20240509_223621_Gallery.jpg

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
We'd had this chat before, both Ryan and myself have spaths. Spaths were the actual first acros I got, still have them. I got them 3 months into the hobby and had them for over two years. They are easier than people think.

I think they are just uncommon and maybe since they are uncommon they don't get correctly labeled. I have a feeling acros that don't have the right tagging when collected can get a bad name as "hard to keep" because of varying experiences with them due to incorrect taxonomy. For example, if I collect something and say it is a milli, but it is in fact a deswaldi (look similar), par would greatly vary for it. People buying all these things they think are milli's and frying them would say milli are hard.
I must of missed that, you know how it is when you have to skip 50 pages to get caught up... :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a few others that picked up Hysterias on then New Years sales that reported positive results in the last sales thread. Unsure of their lighting but doesn't matter.

I just want to have multiple spaths wreaking havoc on my alkalinity.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
There's a few others that picked up Hysterias on then New Years sales that reported positive results in the last sales thread. Unsure of their lighting but doesn't matter.

I just want to have multiple spaths wreaking havoc on my alkalinity.
They grow slow, so less impact I'd think. Or at least for me. Ryan defies reefing logic.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do seem to have a tighter growth pattern than "milles" but they won't give me my honorary scientist hat

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing grows so thick and stubby its hard to frag
Where there's a will there's a way. Ya got a saw or you still bone cuttin/dremmelin?? I think ima get a saw here shortly. I will happily buy a piece of that if the time comes.

Spaths are apparantly just milles now.
Wym by that?

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They grow slow, so less impact I'd think. Or at least for me. Ryan defies reefing logic.
I tell you what defies logic....for some reason...out of nowhere my digitata and dumb purple stylo just died overnight last week. I've tried to kill that stylo forever. No other sticks in the tank are bothered....just those two and my hammers dam near died. I figure something got in the tank but literally everything else was fine.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 52 20.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 187 73.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.7%
Back