Seneye PAR Meter?

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A local is selling a Seneye monitor and I thought maybe it was good enough for just the PAR meter. He is asking $100 bucks for it but wanted to double check if it was worth that investment. Saving up for a good one this came up and I thought I would ask.

TheStrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one that I use as a par meter. My research led me to the conclusion that its accurate enough to give you a good idea. If you're trying to get a really tight specific range because you've got finnicky sps it may or may not be good enough. If you want to know where your hot spots are and where you need more light its perfect. These are made up numbers for the sake of example but if you read a par value of 280 and its critical that it not be actually 290, maybe buy/rent a fancy meter. If 280/290 mean no difference to you then it works fine.

OP
OP
DDenny

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one that I use as a par meter. My research led me to the conclusion that its accurate enough to give you a good idea. If you're trying to get a really tight specific range because you've got finnicky sps it may or may not be good enough. If you want to know where your hot spots are and where you need more light its perfect. These are made up numbers for the sake of example but if you read a par value of 280 and its critical that it not be actually 290, maybe buy/rent a fancy meter. If 280/290 mean no difference to you then it works fine.
That is what I was thinking as well I don’t have any fancy SPS but looking at adding montipora and just need a range. If that’s the case then $100 for one wouldn’t be a bad deal I don’t think.

What member(s) of your home reef are your priority?

• My fish

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • My coral

Votes: 40 55.6%
  • My inverts

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other Livestock (Please explain!)

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back