!!!!Sigh...CALLING IT FAIRYFOOD!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very cool. even cooler because you have had it for a while. Did it always have these colors or is this a recent deal? So glad to see corals that look great after a while, not just for the two days that they first arrive from the ocean...

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
very cool. Even cooler because you have had it for a while. Did it always have these colors or is this a recent deal? So glad to see corals that look great after a while, not just for the two days that they first arrive from the ocean...

amen!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
very cool. even cooler because you have had it for a while. Did it always have these colors or is this a recent deal? So glad to see corals that look great after a while, not just for the two days that they first arrive from the ocean...

I MEAN AMEN!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!

this one always showed potential once it started growing a little but has really come into its own that last six months or so. Began as a junker indo with hints of blue and some color in the polyps which was why i snagged it even when i did .

kingator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on that man

kidtango

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awe thanks. too kind of you . best part is this ones been in my tank a couple years now and theres a few people who have it unknowingly. I snuck this guy into a few packs over the years as a freebie! if you recognize this thing show it off here!

That's some BS, Adam! My freebies don't like anything like that freak of nature... /cry. Dude, you got a winner here. I want a frag!!!! I got a small list of what I want from you. This will be on it. Can you frag it?

Kid Tango

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Honestly have no idea what to ask for this one. The colony you see is all that I have of this thing. If I was going to follow the recent trend it'd probably be like $800 or more for 3/4" based on the overwhelming demand and extremely limited supply LOL. Buts let's all agree that is ridiculess! It's an acro. I mean come on!

So how about it guys. Whats this one worth? How does it compare to some fresh off the boat magic-color-gamble-wonderstick you've been coughing up K's for? Truth is from across the room this thing doesn't even look like much. You have to be in close to really see whats going on in there and I'm letting you know that.

Thinking I'll let you guys decide. We'll go ahead and make little spectacle out of the whole thing. My guts already screaming to me that this pretty lame and I'm being kind of a snot with my holier than though "my captive acros are better than yours" take on this whole thing but what the heck. I have a jammed inbox that tells me you guys want this one!

I'll cut one frag and the highest bid gets it..........but the winner can have it for half that or probably less still;) lol.

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can settle all this real quick! Just make it a free bee with my frag pack. Lol. While your at it throw in a unicorn 2. My thoughts on frags is anything over 100 is kinda silly. Some stuff is pretty tempting though!

MikeyB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can settle all this real quick! Just make it a free bee with my frag pack. Lol. While your at it throw in a unicorn 2. My thoughts on frags is anything over 100 is kinda silly. Some stuff is pretty tempting though!
I agree. The most I've ever paid for a coral was 120$ and that was hard for me to do. I'm sure I won't end up with a frag knowing how pricey some of them go but that's how it goes.

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the most I've ever paid for an sps frag was $100 but in all honesty if you put a $250 price tag on that thing it would be gone in minutes. A lot of venders would charge even more. Shoot, put an rr in front of it and it might go into 4 digits, lol. But at $250 someone would go home with an awesome coral and not think they over spent at all.

Btw Adam, I sent you a pm. Not sure if you got it or not.

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you should stick with adding it as freebies, then grow it out and sell it. I confess though my suggestion is based on a personal agenda ;)

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$250? Come now. Lol

Maybe you've missed a good portion of new releases from other venders? At $250 I'm sure there would be plenty of people to complain about it , for instance, but my point is that there would be plenty of people more than willing to pay it. In the hands of other venders, and even some hobbiests, I could only imagine what the price tag would be. Adam's prices have always been reasonable so I'm sure he'll do something that is more than fair.

I say you should work the frag into a pack that way you don't have to assign a price tag to it, at least not right now.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 91 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 71 34.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 33 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back