So I've been asked to recondition this pond...

OP
OP
Dom

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I'm wondering if this is a waste of time right now as the pond isn't running. Perhaps research and get to work on this in the spring?

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I'm wondering if this is a waste of time right now as the pond isn't running. Perhaps research and get to work on this in the spring?
if you filled it with water and it doesn't leak out, you will need to remove the plumbing. it will probably freeze, expand and crack.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Winterize for sure if you are going to put off. I don’t know how it is formed but if you drain, walls could partially collapse in freeze/thaw. Perhaps photos of construction in wife’s possession?

OP
OP
Dom

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Winterize for sure if you are going to put off. I don’t know how it is formed but if you drain, walls could partially collapse in freeze/thaw. Perhaps photos of construction in wife’s possession?

Sadly, there is no documentation on this at all. She said he would go off into the yard for hours and work on building it.

My idea was to approach it like a fish tank. But all of the plumbing is under ground or within the cement, so, I can't be sure what is connected where.

I need to find a company that does this work and can give a professional assessment. It seems like no one is interested in touching a project they didn't build. I can understand why.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the pond wasn't leaking, maybe the pumps and pipes are jammed up with pond scum that collected over time? The leak may have just been evaporation, and simply replacing both pumps will get the circulation back on track. If that is true, a tune up of the filters and it might work fine?

TOP 10 Trending Threads

BATTLE OF THE INVERTS: STARFISH OR SEA URCHINS? SHARE A PICTURE OF YOUR LITTLE INVERTS!

• Starfish!

Votes: 32 24.2%
  • Sea Urchins!

Votes: 69 52.3%
  • There is no way I can choose...

Votes: 30 22.7%
  • Other (please explain!).

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back