Some of my Acro Collection

Sandeep Brar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all I want to thank you Allan. I have been using v1 for now two weeks and I have never seen corals response like this to anything before. All the sps frags are fluffy and encrusting and have already started showing growth just in two weeks for being in system.
My recipe is sanitise the shaker
Microwave rodi water for 3 minutes (500ml)
Mix salt when temp 32C
Add all the ingredients let it sit for 6-8 hours
And use it over 2-3 days.

System volume is around 3000L I run remote deep sand bed for nutrient control

Kalkwasser for alk and calcium.
Moonshiners for the minor and trace.

6x 400w metal halides
8x Reefi uno 2.0

Alk: 8-8.3
Cal:420-440
Mag:1380-1400
Phosphate:0.05-0.1
Nitrates: under 2

This milli showing new growth just in two weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_7799.jpeg
    IMG_7799.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_7835.jpeg
    IMG_7835.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 50

tommys78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prima di tutto voglio ringraziarti Allan. Sto usando la v1 ormai da due settimane e non ho mai visto prima una risposta dei coralli simile a nulla. Tutti i frammenti sps sono soffici e incrostanti e hanno già iniziato a mostrare una crescita in sole due settimane dall'inserimento nel sistema.
La mia ricetta è disinfettare lo shaker
Metti acqua nel microonde per 3 minuti (500 ml)
Mescolare il sale quando la temperatura è 32°C
Aggiungere tutti gli ingredienti e lasciare riposare per 6-8 ore
E usalo per 2-3 giorni.

Il volume del sistema è di circa 3000 litri. Utilizzo un letto di sabbia profondo e remoto per il controllo dei nutrienti

Kalkwasser per alcali e calcio.
Distillatori per il minore e traccia.

6 alogenuri metallici da 400 W
8x Reefiuno 2.0

Fosfato:0,05-0,1
Nitrati: sotto 2

Questo milli mostra una nuova crescita in sole due settimane.
Ciao anche tu mescoli tutti quei prodotti in foto?

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

IG:crt_reefs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
First of all I want to thank you Allan. I have been using v1 for now two weeks and I have never seen corals response like this to anything before. All the sps frags are fluffy and encrusting and have already started showing growth just in two weeks for being in system.
My recipe is sanitise the shaker
Microwave rodi water for 3 minutes (500ml)
Mix salt when temp 32C
Add all the ingredients let it sit for 6-8 hours
And use it over 2-3 days.

System volume is around 3000L I run remote deep sand bed for nutrient control

Kalkwasser for alk and calcium.
Moonshiners for the minor and trace.

6x 400w metal halides
8x Reefi uno 2.0

Phosphate:0.05-0.1
Nitrates: under 2

This milli showing new growth just in two weeks.
I’m glad to hear you’re having success with your own DIY version!!

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So the mesenterial filaments, are you only seeing them on Tenuis or will most if not all sticks show them?

For sticks I have:
GARF Bonsai
Purple Stylo
Montipora Spongides
Forest Fire Digi
PC Rainbow
Green Slimer
Fix Flame
Unnamed Milli

Should I expect them all to start showing visible signs of consuming the concoction?

Also have
2 Monti caps
Green Leptosirus
Unnamed Psammacora

So far, only visible reactions have been from my Candy Canes, Acans, and possible Lobo.

Thanks for any insights.

-Chris
Vincent Chalias did a talk a few years back, and mentioned how corals in captivity seem to change over time and adapt. This sometimes leads them to lose their feeding responses due to the environments they’ve adapted to. Corals are dynamic and can adapt to meet their requirements by favoring autotrophic or heterotrophic processes.
In my experience I see the feeding response across many different species of acropora. Each with varying degrees.
On new wild corals, I see the feeding response more readily. This reinforces mine and Vincent’s observations.

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a quick read, at the time of writing this Michael was using V2 of the concoction.

74-78 F
What’s the V3 recipe? I find it very difficult to find information about it online.

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What’s the V3 recipe? I find it very difficult to find information about it online.
Here is a brief overview

My goal was to create the highest quality, most holistic/comprehensive food that I could. After all of my research and experimentation I created my own proprietary blend (V3 of the concoction).
V3 builds on the concepts of the previous iterations of the concoction and is shelf stable, which the DIY versions are not (V1 and V2).

I also broadened the nutritional profile of V3 by incorporating ingredients that were not in the commonly available commercial feeds, those rich in protein, antioxidants, vitamins, essential fatty acids, and minerals.

So far, overall user sentiment has been very positive!

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a brief overview

My goal was to create the highest quality, most holistic/comprehensive food that I could. After all of my research and experimentation I created my own proprietary blend (V3 of the concoction).
V3 builds on the concepts of the previous iterations of the concoction and is shelf stable, which the DIY versions are not (V1 and V2).

I also broadened the nutritional profile of V3 by incorporating ingredients that were not in the commonly available commercial feeds, those rich in protein, antioxidants, vitamins, essential fatty acids, and minerals.

So far, overall user sentiment has been very positive!
Where can I buy it?

moosevandyke

Never a dull moment in keeping a reef tank.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am up to 1/4 teaspoon weekly… things seem very happy. How long do you think corals benefit from feeding.. my tank is new at 1.3 years old and phosphate just bounce high if I feed more it’s getting better as time goes but curious as to your thoughts. Nitrate stave. Alk consumption up. My meat corals and brains are so stoked! Few pics for fun sorry just iPhone photos through glass no filters.

IMG_3541.jpeg IMG_3510.jpeg IMG_3517.jpeg IMG_3507.jpeg IMG_3509.jpeg IMG_3508.jpeg IMG_3512.jpeg IMG_3479.jpeg IMG_3513.jpeg IMG_3505.jpeg IMG_3476.jpeg IMG_3484.jpeg

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am up to 1/4 teaspoon weekly… things seem very happy. How long do you think corals benefit from feeding.. my tank is new at 1.3 years old and phosphate just bounce high if I feed more it’s getting better as time goes but curious as to your thoughts. Nitrate stave. Alk consumption up. My meat corals and brains are so stoked! Few pics for fun sorry just iPhone photos through glass no filters.

IMG_3541.jpeg IMG_3510.jpeg IMG_3517.jpeg IMG_3507.jpeg IMG_3509.jpeg IMG_3508.jpeg IMG_3512.jpeg IMG_3479.jpeg IMG_3513.jpeg IMG_3505.jpeg IMG_3476.jpeg IMG_3484.jpeg
Stuff is lookin great! I would take your time ramping up the feeding, take your time and observe your tank as you go. Once the majority of your corals get to mini colonies or larger in size then you can feed more liberally.

moosevandyke

Never a dull moment in keeping a reef tank.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stuff is lookin great! I would take your time ramping up the feeding, take your time and observe your tank as you go. Once the majority of your corals get to mini colonies or larger in size then you can feed more liberally.
Thank you sounds good!

tommys78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

tommys78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What member(s) of your home reef are your priority?

• My fish

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • My coral

Votes: 32 55.2%
  • My inverts

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Other Livestock (Please explain!)

Votes: 2 3.4%
Back