Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all :)

I don't have much experience with SPS.

The tank is 20 inches cubed.

It's powered by two Jebao SLW 10 pumps, completely app-controlled, where I can set different flow patterns throughout the day

OP
OP
stefano18

stefano18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This pump are very cheap..
I could buy another 2!
what do you think?

tetonair

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all :)

I don't have much experience with SPS.

The tank is 20 inches cubed.

It's powered by two Jebao SLW 10 pumps, completely app-controlled, where I can set different flow patterns throughout the day

Flow looks similar to what I have. I probably need more too. Something I heard Jake adams recommend is have low flow during the day and increased flow at night. That way the polyps can extend for best light capture but at night you can blow off all if the detritus. What did you use to glue the frags?

OP
OP
stefano18

stefano18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flow looks similar to what I have. I probably need more too. Something I heard Jake adams recommend is have low flow during the day and increased flow at night. That way the polyps can extend for best light capture but at night you can blow off all if the detritus. What did you use to glue the frags?
At the night polyps are closed, except for acropora..
i used a particolar glue, is a solid polimer !

IMG_3567.png

OP
OP
stefano18

stefano18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Se hai un gorgogliatore d'aria, questo aiuta a vedere la direzione del flusso. I tuoi coralli sembrano felici, quindi dubito che ci siano problemi. Ma per rispondere alla tua domanda sul flusso, sarà utile vedere qualcosa

okk!!

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would give them a lot more than that. Those jabaos are great pumps for the $. If you can get 2 more in there, I would definitely do it. Maybe even go up a size. Focus on getting as much random, indirect flow as you can in there. Get the whole column of water moving around. Also, remember, the bigger your SPS grow, the more flow they will require to stay healthy. What is sufficient now, won't be in a year. Do yourself a favor and get more pump than you need right now.

OP
OP
stefano18

stefano18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would give them a lot more than that. Those jabaos are great pumps for the $. If you can get 2 more in there, I would definitely do it. Maybe even go up a size. Focus on getting as much random, indirect flow as you can in there. Get the whole column of water moving around. Also, remember, the bigger your SPS grow, the more flow they will require to stay healthy. What is sufficient now, won't be in a year. Do yourself a favor and get more pump than you need right now.
thanks !!
Do you think a vortech mp10 could be ok ?
Just it alone ?

OP
OP
stefano18

stefano18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have an air bubbler, that helps to see the direction of the flow. Your corals look happy so I doubt any issue. But to answer your question about flow it will help if we can see something move.
No airstone at home.. I blowed inside a pipe near the pump.. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: it did work, i guess !!
I added two more pump that were unused, a jebao 4000 lt/h and koralia 2200 lt/h (1000gph and 550gph)..

What do you guy think ?

Too much for LPS?

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is much better!
Your LPS look fine to me.
As far as using only a single MP10, I don't know. The MP pumps are awesome, but I think you will get better results having more pumps in the tank.

OP
OP
stefano18

stefano18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is much better!
Your LPS look fine to me.
As far as using only a single MP10, I don't know. The MP pumps are awesome, but I think you will get better results having more pumps in the tank.
LPS feels good today, usual polyps extension!
All pumps are in random mode.. Some acropora were a bit closed in the last few days, today i can see better extensions. But they are super young frags, could be a coincident !
I don't know if it's correlate to the much flow..

Regarding MP10, i tought the same thing. Cube flow tank is a bit difficult than standard tank, whit many pumps i can manage it better!

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 37 48.7%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back