Surfs- Waterbox Infinia Reef 190.5 Build

Surfpulse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey fellow Reefers,

Thanks for stopping by to read about my build. So I decided to shut my old tank down (180g) (you can read about that build) and get a waterbox 190.5
My old tanks sump (sucked), the seems on the tank are so so, and Im very limited with my sump. I work as a firefighter- so I am always gone during the summer, so automation is a big key for me. I want to run a mixed reef again.

First off props to WATERBOX USA for making an amazing tank. I have been eyeballing these tanks for a while. I have installed a ton of them, with my buddy’s reef company. They are hands down, beautiful tanks and they have proven track record.

Anywho most the equipment from my old build will be included in this build.
-Waterbox190.5
- Ecotech L2 (might switch to a M2)
-Ecotech 2x MP 40s
- Reefmat 1200
-NYOS 160 skimmer (will be changing this out)
-Jagger 300w heater
- GHL Porfile with a KHD
-GHL Maxi for (water changes)
-GHL digital sensors for water levels
-3 X AI Hydra 26hd lights
-AI Prime fuge
-Bashea pellet reactor
-Aqua carbon reactor
-Bashea 10gallon ATO
-Tunze 3333 auto top off
-Rock is CaribSea LifeRock
-I can reminder the sand im using
- I run DYI x 2 (1galllon) chemical containers

-Custom lid- in progess from my buddy. He has never done one for a waterbox, so I am beyond excited to see this creation.

The goal is to get this tank set up asap. My schedule is very hit or miss (gotta use my 4 days to the max). After the tanks been running for a while, I will customize the plumbing. That might be worth checking back for.

Fish:

-Powder Brown tang (might trade him for a NASO)
-Purple Tang
-Blue Tang
- 2 clowns (can’t remember what they are called, they also lay eggs and attacking me)
-Long nose
-Red Hawk Fish
- 2 anthias (might get a couple more)
- Maybe some schooling fish, maybe change some of the fish up

OP
OP
Surfpulse

Surfpulse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So the tank showed up with no issues. Fedex even dropped it in my garage for free...
Waterbox really packaged this nicely. Not one broke item in shipping.
20240910_120027.jpg 20240910_120024.jpg

OP
OP
Surfpulse

Surfpulse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So my current issues is my main old tank is still running and I want to build my new one and swap them. So with the help of a buddy, I'm doing someone thing differently then, I normally would

Tank was not to bad on getting into the house. I used suction cups on the sides and furniture doll to get it in the house. My buddy has this cart that raised the tank to almost the height of stand, this made life easier.
20240915_232927.jpg

So the tank is on its stand without the plumbing hooked up. I did my rock work and let it cure. I wanted more of free space type of rock structure. My child loves seeing the fish swim, so we had to make it happen again.
Hoping next weekend to break down my old tank and slide the new on into place. It's not that heavy, trusting my buddy on this one.

Here is the rock work... I am pretty stoked with how it came out. 20241002_004411.jpg 20241002_004418.jpg 20241002_004431.jpg

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my current issues is my main old tank is still running and I want to build my new one and swap them. So with the help of a buddy, I'm doing someone thing differently then, I normally would

Tank was not to bad on getting into the house. I used suction cups on the sides and furniture doll to get it in the house. My buddy has this cart that raised the tank to almost the height of stand, this made life easier.
20240915_232927.jpg

So the tank is on its stand without the plumbing hooked up. I did my rock work and let it cure. I wanted more of free space type of rock structure. My child loves seeing the fish swim, so we had to make it happen again.
Hoping next weekend to break down my old tank and slide the new on into place. It's not that heavy, trusting my buddy on this one.

Here is the rock work... I am pretty stoked with how it came out. 20241002_004411.jpg 20241002_004418.jpg 20241002_004431.jpg
Love the aquascape in your tank!

OP
OP
Surfpulse

Surfpulse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well time for the update;

I got the tank moved and set up . remind me to not get another tank

Thoughts on the waterbox- I love the tank, compared to my old one .... The noise people speak of is not a big issue, pretty easy to tune .. The stand is definitely different, has a lil movement in it.

The mainfold is interesting ... It's 1/4 outlet- I dont have anything that small. I added some more filters due to my skimmer and micro bubbles. I also added a filter the glass partition in the middle. Noise was driving my wife crazy when the door were open..

I am still going to hardpipe the whole bottom and change it. Might do that next month. The reefmmat 1200, fits nicely in there. The issue is the hose to attach it, gets in the way and pushed the reefmat more to door opening..

Attachments

• 20241016_133331.jpg
    20241016_133331.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 4

Chemjab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank. Following this closely because I am thinking about this same tank with the Waterbox 0% interest for 12 months.
That sucks about your buddies tank leaking. Sorry about the fish getting stuck. Hopefully everything is coming to equilibrium now.

OP
OP
Surfpulse

Surfpulse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks everyone...

Feel free to ask questions? I will for sure, post more in depth on the plumbing when, I start that project or any changes I make. The goal is to make it easier for the next person build.

One thing, i did notice is the evaporation rate, seem to be higher than- my old tank... I think the new lids will help keep that down ..

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back