The Angel Lovers Thread

wheel6251

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@wheel6251
How big is your tank? I see that you have a male Flame Angel eyeing her. He won’t beat her up. Maybe a little chasing is all. I would her loose if she is eating well.
Thanks
@wheel6251
How big is your tank? I see that you have a male Flame Angel eyeing her. He won’t beat her up. Maybe a little chasing is all. I would her loose if she is eating well.
thanks for responding. He is paying a lot of attention to the iso box. I don’t know what sex they are, so I’m happy to have your thought. I’ve been hawking the anal fins for weeks now. lol. I’m gonna cut her loose in the morning. She is eating, but not aggressively.

wheel6251

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks

thanks for responding. He is paying a lot of attention to the iso box. I don’t know what sex they are, so I’m happy to have your thought. I’ve been hawking the anal fins for weeks now. lol. I’m gonna cut her loose in the morning. She is eating, but not aggressively.
90 gallon

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello folks, getting Multibarred angel is complicated around here, if I had the opportunity to get a pair I would do it but, are those of you who have one of these fish in your tanks using chiller in the tank? At what temperature are they handling it?
lg-0717241-102.jpg

rebeccajst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello folks, getting Multibarred angel is complicated around here, if I had the opportunity to get a pair I would do it but, are those of you who have one of these fish in your tanks using chiller in the tank? At what temperature are they handling it?
lg-0717241-102.jpg
I had read to keep them between 72-78F since they are deep water. I keep my tank between 75.5 - 78. I’ve only had her for 19 days though, but mine is very active in the acclimation box so I think the Temp is ok where it’s at.

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had read to keep them between 72-78F since they are deep water. I keep my tank between 75.5 - 78. I’ve only had her for 19 days though, but mine is very active in the acclimation box so I think the Temp is ok where it’s at.
You have a pretty adorable fish, I'm worried about the temperature when I can get this fish again, I'm practically modifying my 65 gallon tank for this fish. In my city we can experience more than 38°C and even higher thermal sensations, the temperature of my tanks rises a few degrees even with the air conditioning on, the adapted fish don't seem to care much, but this fish is very different .

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks

You just need to see the fin when it is fully extended. Really easy.
The sex change of dwarf angels is actually reversible. If you put two males together, the weaker one will change back to female, if it lives through the process. Mortality in a small tank is quite high. Mortality of this is 50% in a 75 gal tank with normal rock structure.
In large tanks (200 gal plus) it is fine. Not sure about 90 gal tank.

ReefSakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• 20240721_174102.mp4
    8.9 MB

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of you ever seen an aberrant Majestic Angel like this. Apparently this fish belong to Jimmy Ma. Don’t know how if anybody wanted to try to breed him. The article said he is about 4 inches here. Pictures in 2017
IMG_4363.jpeg

IMG_4362.jpeg

IMG_4364.jpeg
IMG_4365.jpeg

Last edited:

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I cannot view these files :(

Slocke

I’m pedantic, ignore me
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of you ever seen an aberrant Majestic Angel like this. Apparently this fish belong to Jimmy Ma. Don’t know how if anybody wanted to try to breed him. The article said he is about 4 inches here. Pictures in 2017
IMG_4363.jpeg

IMG_4362.jpeg

IMG_4364.jpeg
IMG_4365.jpeg

Wow. I usually dislike most of those abnormal fish but that one is actually stunning

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4363.jpeg

IMG_4362.jpeg

IMG_4364.jpeg
IMG_4365.jpeg

I'm sure I've recently seen a Majestic Angelfish not like this one but aberrant on FB, it was freshly captured, if only I remembered where I saw it..

Northern Flicker

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4363.jpeg

IMG_4362.jpeg

IMG_4364.jpeg
IMG_4365.jpeg

I feel like these pics are edited but still that is a stunning fish. Hope he captive breeds it.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like these pics are edited but still that is a stunning fish. Hope he captive breeds it.
Jake Adams posted this article in 2017. I think it is a real aberrant Majestic Angel, not a fake. Looking at the multiple pictures in the article, I think it is a real WC aberrant color fish.

iReefer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Couple of the angelfish from today, most of these are CB, just the queen and angelfish aren’t. I’ve had the emperor since he was less than 1/2” in size, truly the smallest I’ve ever seen for sale, smaller than the CB ones that I’ve seen, so it’s been really fun to see him grow and transition.

Almost completed my angelfish addiction, I plan on adding a pair of flame angels and a pair of potters angels (if the price becomes more affordable) - I’d love a bandit too, maybe a chrysurus angel or an interruptus.. but then that’s it haha it’s an addiction

IMG_7990.jpeg
IMG_7988.jpeg
IMG_7982.jpeg
IMG_7978.jpeg
IMG_7975.jpeg
IMG_7966.jpeg

Cael Gallery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I have a 5 foot 65 gallon tank. It's sort of a fowlr (no corals aside from a small bit of gsp which i think is dead), but it's actually invert dominated instead of fish. I have about 50 shrimp, crabs, hermit crabs across dozens of species. The fish in there are some dispar anthias, a baby whitecheek tang, blue assesor, purple firefish and bicolor blenny. I was wondering if one of the smaller dwarf angels would be alright in this tank? My main concern is i have 4 helicopter shrimp (Urocaridella antonbruuni) which are about 2-2/5 cms (almost an inch). These shrimp swim freely in the water column so make no attempt at hiding. Would a flame angel or a Centropyge flavicauda eat these shrimp? Or are there any other dwarf angels which could work?

Slocke

I’m pedantic, ignore me
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I have a 5 foot 65 gallon tank. It's sort of a fowlr (no corals aside from a small bit of gsp which i think is dead), but it's actually invert dominated instead of fish. I have about 50 shrimp, crabs, hermit crabs across dozens of species. The fish in there are some dispar anthias, a baby whitecheek tang, blue assesor, purple firefish and bicolor blenny. I was wondering if one of the smaller dwarf angels would be alright in this tank? My main concern is i have 4 helicopter shrimp (Urocaridella antonbruuni) which are about 2-2/5 cms (almost an inch). These shrimp swim freely in the water column so make no attempt at hiding. Would a flame angel or a Centropyge flavicauda eat these shrimp? Or are there any other dwarf angels which could work?
@i cant think @vetteguy53081
This question needs someone with experience I think

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back