• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

The macrolady

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

mrnicebug

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The good the bad the could improve; An honest review:
I placed an order since the Algea Barn had only one sp. in stock. I’ve ordered macros from reef cleaners and various on-line vendors/ eBay for 20+ years. I’ve recently scourged my refugiem since hair algae encrusted everything and was dominating.

The good: Expertly packed/ insulated pack, cold pack/ fast shipping/ quick to respond/ Large 6”+ hunks of macro algae. Very nice selection. Very nice healthy pieces of macros. Came with some pods, a few small starfish (didn’t have time to acclimate, but they arrived alive)

The Bad:
First: I did ask her if her algae was clean, I guess there was a mis-communication though I asked “no flatworms, aiptisia, hair algae”. She said no. She will ship you every species of hair algae known
To the planet Red/ green/ etc… A lot will be so thickly stuck, their is no way to remove it. I asked her and after a few emails that were somewhat …dismissive… she gave the “I embrace tank diversity and we have a different reefing style” reaponce … you know that response when the fish store guy sells you a coral with more red bugs than coral . Not a total clean freak but I very much have a special hate in my heart for hair algae and pests that take over…. It’s sorta like purchasing a potted plant with weeds and live worms eating the leaves…. Maybe I’m shallow but aquariums are not biodiversity in balance they are a completely unnatural closed system where things can take over and ugly up the place quickly.

IMG_5134.jpeg
IMG_5133.jpeg

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had perfectly clean orders, and some with tiny bits of bubble algae and bristle worms. I still think its a good source for exotic macroalgaes

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
moved to vendor feedback

OP
OP
M

mrnicebug

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had perfectly clean orders, and some with tiny bits of bubble algae and bristle worms. I still think its a good source for exotic macroalgaes

Agee that they were nice pieces a of macros, I just wished they didn’t have so much hair algae hitchhiking

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back