This guy might be the coolest fish in my tank
20240802_143217.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long you do observation for prior to moving fish to other display? 30 days, 76 days?
I did mine for around 10 days as I know they’d been QTed prior to me getting them.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i've always wanted a Thalassoma, despite being aware of how they behave with other fish. Do you guys think this combo would work? I'm planning on adding a T.jansenii and a T.amblycephalum to my 6x2x2 tank at the same time along with the following wrasse:
New additions: (Will be added almost simultaneously(
Barred thicklip 'medium'
red coris 10cmish
Coris pictoides
new guinea wrasse
dragon wrasse
H.biocellatus
Naoko fairy wrasse

existing wrasse:
15cm harlequin tuskfish (meanie, but just got put back in from sump timeout + rock rearrangement)
12cm floral maori wrasse
11cm spanish hogfish
7cm anampses lennardi (haven't seen it in 2 days).
Also wanting to add an earmuff wrasse whenever those become available here.
My hope is that the dragon, red coris and the 2 thalassoma will sort eachother out and leave the more peaceful wrasse to themselves. I know it's risky, but if anyone has any suggestions or feedback i'd be happy to hear it!
I wouldn’t do the new guinea wrasse at this stage, the last two you want are also going in too late IMHO. They’ll be given a hard time.

Realistically, at this stage you want boisterous but not peaceful. The Dragon may be a bit too boisterous but they do have a tendency to be quite lazy.

Cael Gallery

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t do the new guinea wrasse at this stage, the last two you want are also going in too late IMHO. They’ll be given a hard time.

Realistically, at this stage you want boisterous but not peaceful. The Dragon may be a bit too boisterous but they do have a tendency to be quite lazy.
So you reckon i should just add the Pseudolabrus at the same time as the thalassoma and the rest? Unfortunately i'm pretty dead set on an earmuff - but i see your point about the late introduction. But there's only like 3 collectors of marine fish in Australia so earmuffs are only available every couple months.

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Is he eyeballing that snail?
Oh no, that shell has been empty for a while. If there's a shell on the sand, Red surely put it there because he's bored with it.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW OFTEN DO YOU BUY NEW CORAL?

• Weekly.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Monthly.

Votes: 17 19.1%
  • Every several months.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • A few times a year.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • Once a year.

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • I'd rather not say as I don't want to leave a digital footprint for my significant other...

Votes: 14 15.7%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back