The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

Cael Gallery

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pictoides arrived. Not super healthy on arrival as the seller wouldn’t send it airport to airport so it was in the mail for 2 days. It should recover though as i’m dripping it and got an air stone in there now. My one is a young male, it has the most beautiful colours that my camera doesn’t do justice. Salmon pink on top with a yellowish stripe along with the black and white. It’s about 8-10cm or so. I also have a meleagrides, P.guentheri, neoguinacus and some others arriving tomorrow.

Outlaw Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pictoides arrived. Not super healthy on arrival as the seller wouldn’t send it airport to airport so it was in the mail for 2 days. It should recover though as i’m dripping it and got an air stone in there now. My one is a young male, it has the most beautiful colours that my camera doesn’t do justice. Salmon pink on top with a yellowish stripe along with the black and white. It’s about 8-10cm or so. I also have a meleagrides, P.guentheri, neoguinacus and some others arriving tomorrow.

Video not working

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer the ones from Fiji. Also they get a lot more color as they get bigger a lot of red shows out.
That sounds more like you’re talking about a Maladives or Vanuatu Variant. The Fiji don’t really get red they remain bluer but the Vanuatu and Maldives variants get redder as well as more yellow.
IMG_3606.jpeg

IMG_3599.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new exquisite wrasse. I think it is a Fiji variant? What do you all think?

Wrasse1.jpg
See, I wish mine was that photogenic, instead he’s zooming around constantly and not enjoying photos.

Rshahnyc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning

I have a Bell's Flasher Wrasse + Bluethroat Wrasse + Rosy Scales Fairy Wrasse. After an initial chase around of the Bell's Flasher when I introduced him last week, they are all now getting along fine.

I have a 90 gallon/4 ft display tank. I'm adding some more sand to the bottom of my tank to allow for more burrowing (it's really thinned out with vacuuming and my battle with diatoms). I have plenty of places for them to swim under and through but I was thinking of adding some rubble rock/frag zone rock to make some tighter spaces so that the swim throughs are smaller and pretty much for them as opposed to my tangs etc.

Would I be able to have an additional Brunneus Fairy Wrasse AND an Exquisite Fairy OR Yellow Flanked Wrasse??

Arkayology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See, I wish mine was that photogenic, instead he’s zooming around constantly and not enjoying photos.
Mine is always front and center. It's nice to see it out and about. It is slowly showing a little more red and yellow as it acclimates. I did have to click over to sport mode on my DSLR to get a pic though as it is moving constantly.

Slocke

I'm pedantic, ignore me
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning

I have a Bell's Flasher Wrasse + Bluethroat Wrasse + Rosy Scales Fairy Wrasse. After an initial chase around of the Bell's Flasher when I introduced him last week, they are all now getting along fine.

I have a 90 gallon/4 ft display tank. I'm adding some more sand to the bottom of my tank to allow for more burrowing (it's really thinned out with vacuuming and my battle with diatoms). I have plenty of places for them to swim under and through but I was thinking of adding some rubble rock/frag zone rock to make some tighter spaces so that the swim throughs are smaller and pretty much for them as opposed to my tangs etc.

Would I be able to have an additional Brunneus Fairy Wrasse AND an Exquisite Fairy OR Yellow Flanked Wrasse??
It’s early and I’m tired so I’ll make you do the hard work and find all the wrasse you want on this chart. If the new wrasse is far removed from the ones you have then you may be good to go.
IMG_5015.png

Rshahnyc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It’s early and I’m tired so I’ll make you do the hard work and find all the wrasse you want on this chart. If the new wrasse is far removed from the ones you have then you may be good to go.
I used that chart and made my best assumption on what would work. This is more a question on if the amount of wrasses in the tank is feasible and for additional input. I figured I can switch Brunneus to Lubbocks if I need to?

IMG_5015.png

TOP 10 Trending Threads

SHOULD WE KEEP PREDATORY FISH IN HOME AQUARIUMS? SHARE YOUR FAVORITE PREDATORY FISH?

• Yes, but only if the owner is adequately prepared and knowledgeable about keeping predatory fish.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No, predatory fish require more care than what we can give in our homes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends on which predatory fish is in question.

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back