There's something fishy about this build...

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I kinda bought 3 fish when I meant to just buy acros….
IMG_1032.jpeg
IMG_1031.jpeg
Id dump the acros for them too. Sacropora is over rated honestly

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any recommendations on live food?
Never had an anampses. My go-to is dumping ROE and Reef Nutrition pods in the holding tanks. Hatched baby brine shrimp to get their appetite going. ROE will make them fat. Bigger fish, though, so maybe wants something meatier?

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had an anampses. My go-to is dumping ROE and Reef Nutrition pods in the holding tanks. Hatched baby brine shrimp to get their appetite going. ROE will make them fat. Bigger fish, though, so maybe wants something meatier?
Thanks, I’ll look into those.
They’ve been closely examining the rocks. Might add some live rocks and cheato in to give them some amphipods and copepods.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this just happened :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Was feeding the eels squid heads and you know squid have a couple of really long tentacles? Well the snowflake spit out a head and the dragon wrasse saw this and grabbed one of those tentacles and tried to run away with it. But then it saw the rest of the head following it and had a massive freak out and tried to out swim the terrifying beast following it. Eventually it spit out the tentacle. Then the spotted eel grabbed it and swallowed everything except the long tentacle. For a couple of minutes it tried to swallow the rest but with no success. Finally it swam too close to my big power head. The tentacle got sucked in and suddenly my eels head is rammed into the grill of my power head. So I rush to unplug it. Finally I cut the tentacle in between my eels head and the power head and the eel was free. Lesson learned I am going to cut the long tentacles off in the future.
IMG_1043.jpeg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So this just happened :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Was feeding the eels squid heads and you know squid have a couple of really long tentacles? Well the snowflake spit out a head and the dragon wrasse saw this and grabbed one of those tentacles and tried to run away with it. But then it saw the rest of the head following it and had a massive freak out and tried to out swim the terrifying beast following it. Eventually it spit out the tentacle. Then the spotted eel grabbed it and swallowed everything except the long tentacle. For a couple of minutes it tried to swallow the rest but with no success. Finally it swam too close to my big power head. The tentacle got sucked in and suddenly my eels head is rammed into the grill of my power head. So I rush to unplug it. Finally I cut the tentacle in between my eels head and the power head and the eel was free. Lesson learned I am going to cut the long tentacles off in the future.
IMG_1043.jpeg
I saw two Snowflakes today while snorkeling. I was hoping to watch one catch a fish but no such luck.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw two Snowflakes today while snorkeling. I was hoping to watch one catch a fish but no such luck.
They mostly eat shrimp and other crustacean. I only saw one. Hope you see some white mouth moray. They are stunning!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They mostly eat shrimp and other crustacean. I only saw one. Hope you see some white mouth moray. They are stunning!
Today was the last snorkeling. Tomorrow is a Bee Farm tour and Coffee Plantation. Friday is a Cacao farm tour and hang out in Kona until the plane leaves.

We stayed pretty shallow - maybe 5' at the deepest. The octopus was cool to watch though!

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today was the last snorkeling. Tomorrow is a Bee Farm tour and Coffee Plantation. Friday is a Cacao farm tour and hang out in Kona until the plane leaves.

We stayed pretty shallow - maybe 5' at the deepest. The octopus was cool to watch though!
Never saw an octopus and they are my favorite creatures

What member(s) of your home reef are your priority?

• My fish

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • My coral

Votes: 40 55.6%
  • My inverts

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other Livestock (Please explain!)

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back