Too big?

spamvicious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is the main part too big? Worried it’s cutting into an already small swimming space. I will be adding sand and obviously water when it’s mixed

IMG_0427.jpeg

JTP424

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on type/quantity of fish/coral, you should be fine.

Paris by Night

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think aesthetically it works. One thing to consider is how tall the far right piece is. So if you want any branching sps or even Kenya/colt, be aware the shading will be very pronounced. Since they’ll grow to the surface quick. I think if given correct thought to coral placement and type, this is gonna be killer

OP
OP
spamvicious

spamvicious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think aesthetically it works. One thing to consider is how tall the far right piece is. So if you want any branching sps or even Kenya/colt, be aware the shading will be very pronounced. Since they’ll grow to the surface quick. I think if given correct thought to coral placement and type, this is gonna be killer
I won’t be getting any sps so that’s not a worry but yes it’s quite tall at the back.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is the main part too big? Worried it’s cutting into an already small swimming space. I will be adding sand and obviously water when it’s mixed

IMG_0427.jpeg

The only issue I see with this rockscape is that it is very close to the glass, making a scraper impossible to use.

OP
OP
spamvicious

spamvicious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only issue I see with this rockscape is that it is very close to the glass, making a scraper impossible to use.
It’s actually not as close as it looks in that pic, here’s another. I could potentially break off the top part but it could break the whole thing.

Attachments

• IMG_0424.jpeg
    IMG_0424.jpeg
    215.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0427.jpeg
    IMG_0427.jpeg
    191.1 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
spamvicious

spamvicious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^This ^
I like the look it but see no hiding spots for fish. Do you have an idea what fish you want?
I’m getting a pair of small clown fish. I’m also hoping that corals will provide hiding spaces when I add them.

I could look into changing it completely and getting something different.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_0427.jpeg
Looks good, but depends on what all will be going in the tank. Not very many hiding/feel safe areas for fish.

IronJocky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been trying to get an answer for weather its big bad to add drift wood to salt water fish only tank I got a bunch and I am currently soaking it to leach as much tannins out and I will be adding chem pure to my filter which does a marvelous job of Removing tannins from water as well as many organic componds

TeamAquaSD

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

IMG_0427.jpeg
I think it looks good :)
Should not be too high up on the right side unless you were planning to go acros in the future which will still have plenty of room to grow upwards before needing to be pruned

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 142 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back