M

marine99702

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just unplugged the power head near it that was blasting it with flow an

seems like the polyps are extending again for sure some damage to some though with bad extension and both mouths are open in the middle with the lines showing
do you think it can recover ? i also dose with reef coraline builder by bright well however it does not seem to like it when i put it in but after seems to be okay. dont have any CA or MG tests though sadly and will just get a ICP to confirm.

OP
OP
M

marine99702

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you think it can recover ? i also dose with reef coraline builder by bright well however it does not seem to like it when i put it in but after seems to be okay. dont have any CA or MG tests though sadly and will just get a ICP to confirm.
This is what it looks like today

Attachments

• 20240617_175535.jpg
    20240617_175535.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20240617_175532.jpg
    20240617_175532.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 22

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Ive seen these bounce right back but once conditions are met. These are one of the corals that will challenge even the most experienced hobbyist

OP
OP
M

marine99702

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While chemistry issues are surprisingly infrequently the cause of individual coral issues, measuring alkalinity would be a good first step.
I will get a alk test then and start there, the rose bubble tip anemone I have is doing good though just don't get why torch is having it so rough.

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it was just a flow issue. Corals that do like lots of flow don't always want it directly at them, but there are exceptions. The fact it is happier and less flow means most likely that was the issue. Doesn't hurt to test anyways. It will be much better depending on how many corals you have to place somewhere else than redirect flow that has been working for others. Especially if they have been in that flow for a long time. Corals will build based on current and motion. Doesn't mean it will hurt the coral but can risk some die off or other changes.

OP
OP
M

marine99702

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it was just a flow issue. Corals that do like lots of flow don't always want it directly at them, but there are exceptions. The fact it is happier and less flow means most likely that was the issue. Doesn't hurt to test anyways. It will be much better depending on how many corals you have to place somewhere else than redirect flow that has been working for others. Especially if they have been in that flow for a long time. Corals will build based on current and motion. Doesn't mean it will hurt the coral but can risk some die off or other changes.
honestly the flow was not working for any corals it was my second coral and my hammer coral i had to move lower in my tank to hide it from the intense flow which still got some sort of algae and is recovering slowly. the torch coral seems better now that i reduced the flow in the tank and i now have a RBT anemone and its doing amazing so far. i have this blue hard coral not sure what it is exactly though i need help to identify think you could help ?

OP
OP
M

marine99702

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
honestly the flow was not working for any corals it was my second coral and my hammer coral i had to move lower in my tank to hide it from the intense flow which still got some sort of algae and is recovering slowly. the torch coral seems better now that i reduced the flow in the tank and i now have a RBT anemone and its doing amazing so far. i have this blue hard coral not sure what it is exactly though i need help to identify think you could help ?
Also is this RBT anemone looking healthy it did have a few polyps damaged in transportation?

Attachments

• 20240618_123254.jpg
    20240618_123254.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 12

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are referring to coral in next picture, took me a bit but looks like blue Frankenstein leoptoseris possibly. But something isn't quite right with the blue patterning. Lol but my closest guess.

If your pumps are blowing to hard, you can adjust by aiming at surface more. This will create more surface disturbance which increase oxygen and gas exchange and helps disperse some of the flow more.

I don't see an image of a bubble tip anemone.

OP
OP
M

marine99702

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are referring to coral in next picture, took me a bit but looks like blue Frankenstein leoptoseris possibly. But something isn't quite right with the blue patterning. Lol but my closest guess.

If your pumps are blowing to hard, you can adjust by aiming at surface more. This will create more surface disturbance which increase oxygen and gas exchange and helps disperse some of the flow more.

I don't see an image of a bubble tip anemone.
Wow it does look similar to that although I wonder why the pattern is different. I will have to search up what it needs specifically. I posted the anemone bellow sorry about that, also its much more extending today and closed mouth. My torch is also healing closing its mouth.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240618_142529_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240618_142529_Photos.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240618_123254.jpg
    20240618_123254.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 7
Back