Trident NP No working! I want a solution or my money back

Fr4nkthet4nk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reef family,

I bought a Trident NP a week and a half ago. I have been using Apex for more than 7 years. Since then I have trusted every single product they have made but the Trident NP is not ready for the show. I opened a ticket last Monday, a week from today, and still waiting for a solution. I heard some people have it working fine but also, it is not working for many.

I came here to get some advice or to know how many people have the same problem as me, or if you have any solution, let me know.

My NO3 says Bad NO3 Range and my PO4 it is way off from Hanna.

Thank you!!!!!

ReefStable

Reef Stable
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did you ever hear back?

The "Bad NO3 Range" usually means your Nitrate is too high for the device, over 100ppm.

However, some people are seeing it on the low end as well.

Here is someone else that had that, on the Neptune forum, and they didn't solve it there either.

Sad to say that I think you're right, and it wasn't ready to ship yet. Feels like they were just trying to beat hydros to market and the quality didn't meet expectations, especially at that price.

Stevorino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trident support right now:

will ferrell frank the tank GIF

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a tkt open since 6/30, one cut n paste response the first day. Time to outsource support? Can't be that many units in the wild can there? Small hobby-smaller subset of trident users... What's going on?

ReefStable

Reef Stable
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've had a tkt open since 6/30, one cut n paste response the first day. Time to outsource support? Can't be that many units in the wild can there? Small hobby-smaller subset of trident users... What's going on?
I find it's best to give them a call.

I don't know if they have a solution to a lot of the current problems.

I get the feeling that they were rushed to market, trying to beat the Maven announcement or maybe there is validity to the financial rumors.

No matter how you spin it, the Trident NP really doesn't seem ready. And Neptune is losing the image of quality that they previously had.

It's sad to see, especially because I had a lot of faith in their equipment and even had my full setup controlled by Neptune. But unfortunately I've started my Hydros design and plan to switch.

braaap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I find it's best to give them a call.

I don't know if they have a solution to a lot of the current problems.

I get the feeling that they were rushed to market, trying to beat the Maven announcement or maybe there is validity to the financial rumors.

No matter how you spin it, the Trident NP really doesn't seem ready. And Neptune is losing the image of quality that they previously had.

It's sad to see, especially because I had a lot of faith in their equipment and even had my full setup controlled by Neptune. But unfortunately I've started my Hydros design and plan to switch.

Neptune lost the image of quality when they burned down Terrance F's foyer/tank and didn't give a crap that it happened.

Lp1977

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NP on display was zero yesterday and 37.8 today but the one on my grow out is reading steady. I have not calibrated the latter. Granted I have only been running them for right at a month. Thinking about running both on one tank just to c how untrustworthy it or they are. I think Neptune should give free reagents to all Beta testers until they get it sorted!

AustinJT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seemed like cheating...

I been peeking around and most of people had the same issue...

Nitrate is at 0 with Bad Error indicator, as well PO4 is exactly around 0.4 for almost everyone.

Plus, this device can't even control doser? What a waste of money & time.

Should have gone with Reef Factory instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

AustinJT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AustinJT the :D isn’t sarcasm …it’s genuine: I feel ya
I do Carbon Dosing.

I was hoping to use this to check Nitrate & PO4 to control doser.

It is really a scam, should've gone with Reef Factory... Their device is extremely good... Bonus is... their regent is around $40 and last 6 mth.

It is expensive for a full set but otherwise worth it... issue is... 90% of my system is Neptune-based and I really hate having to run multiple app to control one system. Just having to run Maxspect, Kamoer, iCon, Mobius + Apex is already insane enough!!!

Doctorgori

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
don’t call me a sucker (at least not publicly) but I got two units: don’t trust either and neither agrees with any test kits I’ve tried ….
$1400 buys a lot of booze and partying.. what a waste so far…
…. Jebao whatcha got ? (if a knock-off was ever justified, then. this is it)
….ABC Regents …a lil help please

Doctorgori

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
it... issue is... 90% of my system is Neptune-based and I really hate having to run multiple app to control one system. Just having to run Maxspect, Kamoer, iCon, Mobius + Apex is already insane enough!!!
I’m freaking SICK of all these dang apps! worse, the mixing of these equipment “universes” is absolutely FUSTRATING ….
apologies to all for yelling and venting….I’m a baby boomer who was used to getting up and actually turning TV channels …

14 foot reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reef family,

I bought a Trident NP a week and a half ago. I have been using Apex for more than 7 years. Since then I have trusted every single product they have made but the Trident NP is not ready for the show. I opened a ticket last Monday, a week from today, and still waiting for a solution. I heard some people have it working fine but also, it is not working for many.

I came here to get some advice or to know how many people have the same problem as me, or if you have any solution, let me know.

My NO3 says Bad NO3 Range and my PO4 it is way off from Hanna.

Thank you!!!!!
Neptune Apex created a needed rushed to market piece of gear. Mine lasted 2 weeks and the pumps corroded and disintegrated in the unit. Got money back, funny thing, SWA .com didnt even want to discuss the issues . "please return this faulty unit, we will instantly refund your money."

So glad that thing is gone.

MAVEN here I come when released.

And I'm full APEX in..... Cant even tell you how many pieces I have.

NP stands for "Not Performing"

AustinJT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune Apex created a needed rushed to market piece of gear. Mine lasted 2 weeks and the pumps corroded and disintegrated in the unit. Got money back, funny thing, SWA .com didnt even want to discuss the issues . "please return this faulty unit, we will instantly refund your money."

So glad that thing is gone.

MAVEN here I come when released.

And I'm full APEX in..... Cant even tell you how many pieces I have.

NP stands for "Not Performing"
D@mned.... I guess Youtubers... LIE!!!

Most of them give a good reviews, even though who gave a bad reviews, insisting that it's software issue...

80% of comments are positive, some say they had amazing experiences with it since release and not had any major issue...

Most of sites I visit... all have Positive Reviews!!!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW OFTEN DO YOU BUY NEW CORAL?

• Weekly.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Monthly.

Votes: 17 19.1%
  • Every several months.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • A few times a year.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • Once a year.

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • I'd rather not say as I don't want to leave a digital footprint for my significant other...

Votes: 14 15.7%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back