Truly yellow hammers?

mh0ward

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any truly yellow or yellow tipped hammers? If so, where can I find/buy one? And if not, what would be the closest thing? I have seen some “yellow” hammers posted for sale with pictures before, but when I looked in person, they were more of a lime green with maybe a slight yellowish tint.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one bright yellow hammer a few years back but it was a wall hammer and only lasted couple years. I got it from timelesscorals.com

OP
OP
M

mh0ward

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t even think to mention I would like to find a branching one, thanks for the reminder! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

crazyfishmom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Are there any truly yellow or yellow tipped hammers? If so, where can I find/buy one? And if not, what would be the closest thing? I have seen some “yellow” hammers posted for sale with pictures before, but when I looked in person, they were more of a lime green with maybe a slight yellowish tint.
This will largely depend on your lights to be honest. I have a yellow splatter hammer that looks very yellow under my lights but not sure what that would translate to under other lights.

OP
OP
M

mh0ward

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I knew lightning will have at least some impact on the coloration, but most of the discrepancy I’ve been coming across has been either “cooked” photos, or just a generally hard time getting the photo to reflect what the eye would actually see (i.e. seeing it in person under the same lighting the photo was taken still looks different). Not sure if it’ll help with any recommendations, but I tend to run my lights with more white for an overall lighter blue look.

IMG_5919.jpeg

Tamberav

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one I would consider yellow, but ykno... you buy that cheap torch and then you get brown jelly... which kills everything you love....

Can't tell ya where to get one as I bought someone's dying/rescue tank and it recovered, couldn't even tell what it was when I bought it as it was completely sucked into the skeleton.

I ran my tanks on the white side.

Second photo is mostly T5's (6 bulbs including a 6500k) with one strip of led pop. First photo is nanobox led's with the lime puck.

1725139665816.png

1725139462997.png

OP
OP
M

mh0ward

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1090.jpeg

The one in the middle is orange. The rest are all different yellows. Hard to get them to show.
Those others don’t look yellow at all in that pic! Unfortunately, my LFS went out of business a couple of months ago and the closest store that sells coral is about 70-80 mi away. Im not able to go often and they don’t generally have the biggest selection to choose from, so pictures and recommendations here is really all I’ve got to go on.

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those others don’t look yellow at all in that pic! Unfortunately, my LFS went out of business a couple of months ago and the closest store that sells coral is about 70-80 mi away. Im not able to go often and they don’t generally have the biggest selection to choose from, so pictures and recommendations here is really all I’ve got to go on.
Check out some of the vendors on here that are sponsors. I believe Corals. Com has some gold hammers in stock.

Uncle99

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one I would consider yellow, but ykno... you buy that cheap torch and then you get brown jelly... which kills everything you love....

Can't tell ya where to get one as I bought someone's dying/rescue tank and it recovered, couldn't even tell what it was when I bought it as it was completely sucked into the skeleton.

I ran my tanks on the white side.

Second photo is mostly T5's (6 bulbs including a 6500k) with one strip of led pop. First photo is nanobox led's with the lime puck.

1725139665816.png

1725139462997.png
Nice cat!
And your tank……WOW!
Totally impressive.

OP
OP
M

mh0ward

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yellow?
mostly blue lighting with this and just took the photo right before posting (using orange gel filter over lens to better portray how it looks irl)
Wanna frag that? :grinning-face-with-sweat: Seriously though, any idea where I can get one like that? At least as far as photos go, that might be the most “true yellow” I think I’ve seen! It looks like the tips might also fluoresce a bit?

Tamberav

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice cat!
And your tank……WOW!
Totally impressive.

Thank you! Wish I still had it, I have a toddler now that keeps me busy and we moved states. lol setting up a new 150 though!

OP
OP
M

mh0ward

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think what you are looking for is called a gold hammer. They are truly yellow but this picture doesn’t do it justice.
9B9E79CB-3E1B-4420-8168-A952655B4CF7.jpeg
I do like the textured look of this one, is that yellow with purple at the outer edges of each head? Is corals[.com] where you got yours?

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No purple, I wish I could get a picture that truly represents. I got mine from a fellow reefer that was tearing his tank down. Probably the most yellow I have in my tank and I make yellow and blue a high priority.

shcrimps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanna frag that? :grinning-face-with-sweat: Seriously though, any idea where I can get one like that? At least as far as photos go, that might be the most “true yellow” I think I’ve seen! It looks like the tips might also fluoresce a bit?
when i have more of it i’d like to
originally i think the seller said it was indo pacific but i can’t be totally sure
it’s still one head right now that’s splitting into two but pretty beefy

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back