Ughhhh!!! Help please?!

cpayne015

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whenever i have had tangs with ich i only took the fish with ich out....even though ich is present in the tanks it has never bothered any of my other fish. that is what i have done and worked well....cleaner shrimps have helped me in the last 2 years thohgh

sager1966

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks ! I am thinking I have a clown, tang and a rabbitt that may have ich...but my hawkfish appears fine

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only the fish have to come out to get the parasite to die off. You need to treat the fish but don't put them back in for 6 weeks, and do not take any items from the QT to put back in the DT. Now, regarding the treatment - tangs generally do not react well to copper. I believe Rid-Ich+ is supposed to be effective, though I have not seen accounts of it being used, and it would be safer for your fish.

This is why it's important to QT any new additions thoroughly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Carlson Moncrief

Carlson Moncrief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive heard that kick ich works very well abd people jave told me that they h ave very goof results with it. You juwt have to buy extra bottles because it ends up taking a lot

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
garlic does not directly help the fish's immune system...it does entice the fish to eat which boosts the immune system.

in response to sager, ich is a disease that affects fish. I believe that the parasite can live in the system in live rock and sand and such but it needs a fish to host it - I don't believe it is a problem to non-fish.

oops, I missed the second page of this thread lol

Last edited:

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The others might not get it, true. But I say it's best to suck it up and get rid of that nasty parasite for good.

EZMAC114

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive heard that kick ich works very well abd people jave told me that they h ave very goof results with it. You juwt have to buy extra bottles because it ends up taking a lot

I tried Kick Ich once and it didn't help but it might have just been too late when I started treating. I was new to the hobby and didn't know they had ich at first.

OP
OP
Carlson Moncrief

Carlson Moncrief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tang is starting to look bad again and my copperband has some spots showing up on its tail. My strategy is to keep him fed as much as possible and try to keep all the fish happy

OP
OP
Carlson Moncrief

Carlson Moncrief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an interesting though. What I I managed to take all the coral out and then treat the fish in the dt?

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certain meds, especially copper, can absorb into your rocks and continue to leach back out for a long time. Also, it would destroy any inverts or microfauna you have.

I forgot you could try hyposalinity, though...

OP
OP
Carlson Moncrief

Carlson Moncrief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tang is really starting to look bad. Its eyes have gotten glassy and its breathing heavily. But surprisingly its still gulpin dc down the seaweed ive been feeding every day. Today I decided to see if a fresh water dip would give it some relief so I left it in there for 4 1/2 min and he did fine. Oh yeah, I already lost my other fav fish to ich, the copperband looked great until one day he was covered in spots and died that night. Atleast he die d fat and eating well. One of my clowns is starting to look bad but all the other fish are fighting it off so far. Ill let yall know what happens if anyone is still viewing this thread.

OP
OP
Carlson Moncrief

Carlson Moncrief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks terrible but still eating good. I also wanted to add that some days he would look like it was going away anf some days it would be worse. And now I ts worse than ever. Anyone know why?

Attachments

• 1408905939379.jpg
    1408905939379.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 161

EZMAC114

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You just answered my question lol...the only thing you can do is qt with copper and hope for the best. He doesn't look good

OP
OP
Carlson Moncrief

Carlson Moncrief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they are. I couldnt get a qt set up that was big enough for all of them to survive anyways

EZMAC114

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh gotcha...when you can I get a qt so if this happens again you'll be ready. Check craigslist. This happened to me when I first started and now I have a few tanks I can use as qt tanks

OP
OP
Carlson Moncrief

Carlson Moncrief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about thrying kik ich since one oc the lfs's said they haf a lot of luck with it but im not sure If its worth it because If hurt coral and didnt help the fish, it would be worse all around

Back