unfortunate post

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope all your livestock is OK.

This is another example of why everyone should have a power outage plan. The power can go out at anytime for any reason. The longest it has been out where I live in the last 10 years was due to a squirrel shorting out a transformer and a replacement had to be shipped in.

These new devices like what @VintageReefer has posted make it very easy to have an automatic system in place. I use one for my return pumps and controller and also have one on my network setup.

Generator

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these rechargeable bubblers. https://shorturl.at/OU3zy I use for my freshwater tank. I had them running for 14 hrs and still going strong. I also have an Ecoflow River 2 Max, 500W. I've had it a few years but only recently used it for my tank. It is Lifepo4. They charge MUCH faster. To full in 60 minutes. Lifepo4 are safer and have many more recharge cycles than the average lithium battery. The ecoflow does switch automatically with power outages. I used it about a month ago during an outage for my salt tank and it worked great. I had several things hooked up during the outage and had about 8hrs of run time. I turned off everything but 1 powerhead and 1 pump which bumped it up to 14hrs. I did not change rate of flow for either. I'm considering getting a second, the River Pro2 Portable, because I'd like to have more power for the tank. It's 800w, pure sine and still charges in 60 minutes. Then I can go back to using my original for the fan on my fireplace insert so that I have heat during outages in the winter, which is why I initially purchased. The River Pro2 is only $439 https://shorturl.at/YpWly

VintageReefer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have these rechargeable bubblers. https://shorturl.at/OU3zy I use for my freshwater tank. I had them running for 14 hrs and still going strong. I also have an Ecoflow River 2 Max, 500W. I've had it a few years but only recently used it for my tank. It is Lifepo4. They charge MUCH faster. To full in 60 minutes. Lifepo4 are safer and have many more recharge cycles than the average lithium battery. The ecoflow does switch automatically with power outages. I used it about a month ago during an outage for my salt tank and it worked great. I had several things hooked up during the outage and had about 8hrs of run time. I turned off everything but 1 powerhead and 1 pump which bumped it up to 14hrs. I did not change rate of flow for either. I'm considering getting a second, the River Pro2 Portable, because I'd like to have more power for the tank. It's 800w, pure sine and still charges in 60 minutes. Then I can go back to using my original for the fan on my fireplace insert so that I have heat during outages in the winter, which is why I initially purchased. The River Pro2 is only $439 https://shorturl.at/YpWly

Eco flow is a good company but most expensive

That one is $439 and is 768 wh. The cyber powa 1000 is $420 and 1000 wh. Over 20% more capacity

Watt hours (wh) js the measurement for capacity / runtime

Charles Zinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to start i live in an area that rarely ever gets power outages so i didn’t think id need a battery backup of sorts
however a car crashed this morning around 3am in my neighborhood and took out the power to around 500 places including mine and it’s currently 11:27 as i’m writing this
as of now i’ve got no way to tell what’s gone but a couple corals look very unwell
could be lack of oxygen which i’ve been trying to supplement by hand but more than likely loss of heat

with all that being said, what battery backups do you guys have and what measures do you take to prevent this
battery operated air stones in tank more than 1 may be needed depending on tank size.

Singspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I bought one of these to run my return pump during power outings. For $450, it's a steal for the peace of mind. I also have several battery-operated air pumps that I throw it too.
Amazon product

Picture did not come thru. Can you share again, please.

If possible, include any name/ specs/ priduct link ...

I have mycreturn pump hooked to this UPS for my 300G system. It should keep my tank alive for 4 hours. But looking for full day type of solution... at affordable cost and reliable.

(Have a portable generator too but that is only usable if I am home and up ...)

Generator

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eco flow is a good company but most expensive

That one is $439 and is 768 wh. The cyber powa 1000 is $420 and 1000 wh. Over 20% more capacity

Watt hours (wh) js the measurement for capacity / runtime

The cellpowa is definitely a great buy. I'm sure a good bit of the Ecoflow cost difference is the 5 year warranty. I don't know enough to say if there's any significant build quality differences. Just adding an option that has been so far, reliable for 2 years.

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have mycreturn pump hooked to this UPS for my 300G system. It should keep my tank alive for 4 hours. But looking for full day type of solution... at affordable cost and reliable.

Amazon: Anker SOLIX C1000. Currently $999 but with a $450 coupon you can click. Hopefully the link works.
Amazon product

VintageReefer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

$420 and this would last significantly longer than the cyberpower

VintageReefer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The cellpowa is definitely a great buy. I'm sure a good bit of the Ecoflow cost difference is the 5 year warranty. I don't know enough to say if there's any significant build quality differences. Just adding an option that has been so far, reliable for 2 years.
Definitely a good point and worth taking in consideration

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If all that fails I’m local and can help~ if you’re who I think you are you can grab that delay switch :)

WHEN IT COMES TO REEFING EQUIPMENT, DO YOU BUY NEW OR USED? AND WHY?

• I usually buy new equipment.

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • I usually buy used equipment.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • I depends on what the equipment is.

Votes: 41 38.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back