UV sterilizer on return pump help

zimbelj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Newbie here….I know a lot have asked similar questions on here, but I am struggling. I have read almost every forum and watched a tons of videos on this topic and I am still struggling. I would love to be able to plumb my aqua Aqua 57 W UV sterilizer in line with my return pump but I’m struggling to try and figure out how to make the needed flow rate through the UV sterilizer match up with the flow rate of the return to the tank. Knowing the right flow the right flow rate needed in general is like learning the theory of relativity when I read some of these posts and watched these videos.

If anyone has any good clear direction on how to plumb a UV sterilizer in line with a return pump, I would be forever in your debt.

I currently only have 1 return on my 150 gal display with 40 gal sump being powered by a sicce 7.0. Looking mainly for algae control and would like to have it for ich as well.

Doctorgori

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’ve read a few post attempting to calculate it but Really you will need a flow meter. Neptune makes one and the 1” is junk…
Somebody discovered something similar on Amazon but I dunno how that worked out

OP
OP
Z

zimbelj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe giving a hypothetical will help better explain my problem. Let’s say the sterilizer needs 800 gph and the normal flow rate for my return is 400, would it be OK to have a valve after the sterilizer to slow the flow down or would that create some sort of back pressure and create issues?

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back