Varios 10 return pump

TOMACONDA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning on basement sump anyone have experience with the various 10 pumps and how much head pressure over the actual footage do I need? To turn over the tank properly
image.jpg
IMG_4119.jpeg

kvansloo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be, that's a beast of a pump at 28 feet you will gain a little more GPH. How many gallons is the tank? and what are you putting in it? What is the turn over you are looking for? You may need to run a controller and flow meter to dial it down a little.

OP
OP
TOMACONDA

TOMACONDA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it is a 233 gallon display tank with approximately 50 or 60 gallon sump in the basement. Not sure the turnover rate that I will need planning on a mixed reef currently running a 90 gallon tank full of softies. That will eventually be moved to new tank and set up.

OP
OP
TOMACONDA

TOMACONDA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be, that's a beast of a pump at 28 feet you will gain a little more GPH. How many gallons is the tank? and what are you putting in it? What is the turn over you are looking for? You may need to run a controller and flow meter to dial it down a little.
it is a 233 gallon display tank with approximately 50 or 60 gallon sump in the basement. Not sure the turnover rate that I will need planning on a mixed reef currently running a 90 gallon tank full of softies. That will eventually be moved to new tank and set up.

OP
OP
TOMACONDA

TOMACONDA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently am running a 90 gallon with a bunch of softies in it with an Apex controller. I plan on switching over as well

kvansloo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That should more than work for you.

DO YOU HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOUR LFS?

• Yes, I have full confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 56 25.5%
  • Yes, I have confidence in my LFS, but only about certain things.

Votes: 96 43.6%
  • No, I do not have confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 55 25.0%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 13 5.9%
Back