Vivids rainbow delight acro

Crusader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to get this acro to color up. Does anyone have vivids rainbow delight acro under AI Vega? If so were in the tank and what settings on the leds?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Touring

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might not color up at all.... If you just got it, give it time to settle in. What is your par reading at that spot?

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a frag for a year now; picked it up from Jason Fox at MACNA 2012.

It browned out after being introduced to my system; it's still brownish. Although it has encrusted nicely, shows good polyp extension, and is also branching, it's still brown. And it's near the top of my tank.

One day it will have color again. When? No idea.

goody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree, this one takes time. After it encrust quite a bit, and the branches have grown to a mini colony, it will color up. How big is the actual frag/branches?

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one about a month ago that showed up brown and bleached. It also had two small pieces broke off. The big piece has purple tips and some yellow coming in behind the purple and pinkish polyps. The small broken pieces are turning neon green and blue with reddish polyps. So I'd say it takes about a month to two months to get its color back. It grows fast though.

lakeviewink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has color on the new growth, neon green, the rest is light brown. Then again, I've only had it for a week. It's under Reefbreeders photon 24s about halfway up a 27" tank.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this one likes to be blasted with 250W-400W MH's to really color up. Thats the only one Ive seen that was spot with its coloration. It was under 400W radiums about 10" from the top

CoryC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine kept its color, but has lightened in coloration. has some decent PE though. i also have another older frag that is still brown but still alive!

K_red_raider

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one from Jason's website about four months ago and it came in brown but once I got it under my 250 halides it has started to grow and has a very bright green color to it. right now it is just encrusting but doing very well.

Sytfu_IS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone here got the Ultimate's Rainbow? I can't get it to fully color up, I grew it from 1" and it's not 2-3" and largely encrusted.
Tips are colored, but the body is just brown?

Chameleon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this one likes to be blasted with 250W-400W MH's to really color up. Thats the only one Ive seen that was spot with its coloration. It was under 400W radiums about 10" from the top
+1 the best frags/colonies of this I have seen have been under high halide light. maybe its just one of those corals that does best under halides.

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let my phosphates creep up and body darkened, correction took place but I assume it will take a little while to lighten up ( referring to my ultimate rainbow)
This Is ultimates:

Was in vivid aquariums this week, they have 2 or 3 colonies encrusting in their large display tank and just starting to branch, probably not ready for fragging but perfect color examples

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I kept this pic on file of the Ultimate Rainbow from Darryls tank.

Ultimate rainbow acro.jpg

TOP 10 Trending Threads

DOES YOUR REEF HAVE A 'BOSS'? SHOW OFF YOUR REEF BOSS IN THE THREAD!

• Yes, my tank has a fish boss!

Votes: 33 55.9%
  • No, none of my fish stand out in that way.

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Yes, and the boss is me!

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back