EMERGENCY TANK FAILURE RED SEA REEFER

Tamberav

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 1st gen rsr 350. I am starting to see some water creep into the seam on the right side. I sent pics to Red Sea but the tank is out of factory warranty by 8 months.

They offered me $800 for a whole new tank and stand. I told them I only wanted the display tank and not the stand b.c I will do my own plumbing underneath. They said that is not an available option. Unfortunately, I am not ready to commit $3k to another tank.

Well that sucks..

Sounds like you need to take it down though. Petco sales is going and their tanks are more reliable :p

OP
OP
FortyFour44

FortyFour44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 1st gen rsr 350. I am starting to see some water creep into the seam on the right side. I sent pics to Red Sea but the tank is out of factory warranty by 8 months.

They offered me $800 for a whole new tank and stand. I told them I only wanted the display tank and not the stand b.c I will do my own plumbing underneath. They said that is not an available option. Unfortunately, I am not ready to commit $3k to another tank.
It’s possible the stand caused the leak so I’m not sure you’ll want to use the same stand, if that is what you are thinking.

OP
OP
FortyFour44

FortyFour44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This seems much more useful than individual corners. Note that it supports the entire length of the panel and has a middle brace from front to back.

...of course this also converts a rimless tank to a rimmed tank. Might be counterproductive since the tank was likely purchased rimless intentionally to avoid the less-preferred aesthetic of rims.
I would’ve killed to have a rim today. Just saying. And yes that probably sounds hilarious to anyone just chiming in.

braaap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks everyone. Red Sea called me directly shortly after submitting the ticket and are trying to help. ~3 months out of warranty and they want to honor it with their new model. They weren’t able to tell me that their seem technology has been improved, but did reference various structural improvements to stand and tank construction. To be honest I’m uneasy moving forward with another Red Sea tank, but the customer service and optimism about their new design is weighing strong compared to starting over with another brand and the associated costs/logistics

Have totes on hand and weighing options. Need to better understand timing of
replacement. Tape is holding for now and water level is just high enough for corals and inhabitants when moving things around.

Want to save media in the sump so moving that in tank as well.

Need to make sure heaters and probes are situated so I don’t cook the tank.

Not out of the weeds yet but thankful for being able to turn to this forum for logistical (and honestly emotional) support. I called BRS too, and they answered.

If a mod can fix the title of the thread that would be appreciated as well. (Title fixed)

Hate to say it but do not use another Red Sea tank. We see these posts weekly. The G2s are failing as well.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

DOES YOUR REEF HAVE A 'BOSS'? SHOW OFF YOUR REEF BOSS IN THE THREAD!

• Yes, my tank has a fish boss!

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • No, none of my fish stand out in that way.

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Yes, and the boss is me!

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 1 3.0%

Back