Wasp fish I believe...are they typically very expensive?

Baronen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kind of have to disagree with this. I have 3 of them and I doubt they would even see a copepod. They are predators like lionfish and need meatier food much larger than a copepod. I assume they would eat larger amphipods. I feed them earthworms and they can eat quite a large worm.
But I am not the God of Waspfish. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Is there any concern with earthworms and tank pollution? Would earthworms from the gas station for fishing be acceptable?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is there any concern with earthworms and tank pollution? Would earthworms from the gas station for fishing be acceptable?
If possible I would dig worms from an area in your yard with no pesticide/fertilizer - if possible. It is probably that earthworms from a bait shop, etc are fine (I don't know if they are regulated) - but they likely are to a degree since they are potentially going into the environment - and into food fish.

Baronen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If possible I would dig worms from an area in your yard with no pesticide/fertilizer - if possible. It is probably that earthworms from a bait shop, etc are fine (I don't know if they are regulated) - but they likely are to a degree since they are potentially going into the environment - and into food fish.
I have a small yard and my neighbor LOOOOVES round up. So I think I only would trust them from a bait shop

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, they are fine.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 100 43.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 77 33.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 37 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back