Water change and Balling in Dinoflagellates battle..

Anxur

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys. I was thinking.. In case of notable presence of dinoflagellates, it is always recommended not to carry out water changes so that the introduced trace elements do not worsen the situation.. I was thinking.. I use a very heavy Balling, Ati Essential Plus recommended for tanks with sps corals.. Could it be that only the triad with single kh, ca and mg should be suspended and maintained?

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some find that they can maintain Alk/Ca/Mg without water changes and rapid re-blooms don't occur as they do when they do water changes.
Personally, I don't think stopping water changes is usually necessary, and I'd rather keep giving the tank what it needs for other things to grow - but I'd certainly stop any trace element additions that can be controlled.

OP
OP
A

Anxur

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some find that they can maintain Alk/Ca/Mg without water changes and rapid re-blooms don't occur as they do when they do water changes.
Personally, I don't think stopping water changes is usually necessary, and I'd rather keep giving the tank what it needs for other things to grow - but I'd certainly stop any trace element additions that can be controlled.

Tarich balling ATI Essentials Plus contains everything... Alk, Ca and MG with all trace elements and trace elements.. For this reason I thought it could power the Dinos.. I often read that it is recommended to stop water changes... Balling adds element to the water every day, as if it were a water change

apb03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say do whatever you can to maintain some level of stability during the dino fight. Whether that be with or without water changes depending on how your corals are doing. Sps will get beat up pretty bad during the process and your consumption will get severely disrupted.

I would guess the optimal course of action is to stop dosing entirely and just do water changes if the parameters fluctuate.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 99 44.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 75 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back