• Reef 21” height

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

skey44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have changed what tank I’m getting many times now lol. But now I’m pretty set between the Waterbox Infinia Frag 125.4 vs Reef 150.
Nice thing about the frag is easy to clean, I initially wanted a lagoon type tank look, and it’s in stock with assembled stand at my LFS.
Only concern I have is I might regret not going ahead and getting the taller reef version of the tank. I like fish and know that the 21” height will be better for some types of fish (thinking Anthias and wrasses). Also lights/equipment will pretty much cost the same for both. The guys at the LFS love the frag, but they’re more coral guys, where I really enjoy both the fish and coral aspect of the hobby. I’m tempted to take the frag home bc it’s safely here/available and on sale. Also I keep upsizing and not sure I really want a full blown large tank.
Will I regret not getting the taller tank down the road?
Thoughts?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based only upon your post, Yes you will regret not having the taller tank and a month or two down the road you will have both. Once you have the upgrade bug you will always want something better. There is no known cure, except more cowbell.

ice cream GIF by HOW WE GOT TO NOW with Steven Johnson
Buy it now! It is on sale and ready for you to fill it! :cool:

GARRIGA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Main going to be 24" plus. Office going to be 16" max. Latter mostly because it's on the second floor and taller tank might cause issues with floor support. End of day. What do you aesthetically like best because no matter how high, no way one is replicating the expanse Anthias would enjoy on an actual reef. Looking down on top of a reef however has it's appeal and fish adjust because they don't have a choice.

OP
OP
S

skey44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m leaning towards the frag. Planning to pickup tomorrow from LFS. And order a couple of vortech’s too (ouch).
He has a lot of the Frags for his coral tanks and I spent a lot of time looking at them. I just am drawn to the low shallow look.

OP
OP
S

skey44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woot, my bro is about to pick me up and help me get the Frag in the house TODAY!

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got the 105 and love it. I can pretty much reach every part of the tank without getting my arm pits wet!
:cool:

OP
OP
S

skey44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7599.jpeg
Thing of beauty. Can’t wait to make some
More water and get this return plumbing figured out and call it an official start date. Maybe tomorrow.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back