Weird gel like saca on my frag rack.

iannarelli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a clue what these things are and if I should remove them? Noticed than after I pulled out my frag rack to remove an aptasia I spotted.

1000042330.jpg

ISpeakForTheSeas

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a clue what these things are and if I should remove them? Noticed than after I pulled out my frag rack to remove an aptasia I spotted.

1000042330.jpg
With blobby/gelatinous things, pics in the water are generally better for ID purposes - that said, I'm pretty confident that these are colonial tunicates.

Some kinds of colonial tunicates can be highly invasive and grow over healthy corals, so I usually recommend they be put on their own rock somewhere you can easily control their spread.

OP
OP
iannarelli

iannarelli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With blobby/gelatinous things, pics in the water are generally better for ID purposes - that said, I'm pretty confident that these are colonial tunicates.

Some kinds of colonial tunicates can be highly invasive and grow over healthy corals, so I usually recommend they be put on their own rock somewhere you can easily control their spread.
Thanks. I'll get a picture in the water tomorrow during the day when the lights on and ping you when it's uploaded.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 33 42.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.1%
Back