What’s kind of corals are these??

VintageReefer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do any of these need higher than 150 par??
No

I would look into hydrogen peroxide dip. It’s mixed with sw. Zoas are very tolerant of it. Various algaes are not lol

However that’s a large rock and there is a lot of life inside all those pores. I would probably buy a spray bottle of hydrogen peroxide and sit the rock on a table and lightly mist all over and around the rock, targeting the bad areas. Let sit for a few min. Then put in the tank. You should see tiny bubbles forming all over. That’s from the dying algae. Then after 24-48 hours review results and repeat on any remaining areas

Jaden9933

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No

I would look into hydrogen peroxide dip. It’s mixed with sw. Zoas are very tolerant of it. Various algaes are not lol

However that’s a large rock and there is a lot of life inside all those pores. I would probably buy a spray bottle of hydrogen peroxide and sit the rock on a table and lightly mist all over and around the rock, targeting the bad areas. Let sit for a few min. Then put in the tank. You should see tiny bubbles forming all over. That’s from the dying algae. Then after 24-48 hours review results and repeat on any remaining areas
I've done this with my zoas before and it's works really well even though it feels scary! Definitely give it a try

WHEN IT COMES TO REEFING EQUIPMENT, DO YOU BUY NEW OR USED? AND WHY?

• I usually buy new equipment.

Votes: 54 56.3%
  • I usually buy used equipment.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I depends on what the equipment is.

Votes: 36 37.5%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back