What does it take to become a modorator on r2r?

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With some of the threads I’ve been in I’m sure it would take a tanker of high test grain alcohol and a pallet of Xanax! I don’t know how they can keep their cool sometimes

OP
OP
randomfishdude

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With some of the threads I’ve been in I’m sure it would take a tanker of high test grain alcohol and a pallet of Xanax! I don’t know how they can keep their cool sometimes
I've seem alot of thoes threads. There also usually people not understanding certain rules.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seem alot of thoes threads. There also usually people not understanding certain rules.
Like this thread for example …
I think sometimes the long leash and tolerance is a balance as heavily moderated “Mister Rogers” type Forums generate a lil less interest or at least attract a different “info only” crowds …
like the older RC which went off the rails eventually

OP
OP
randomfishdude

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like this thread for example …
I think sometimes the long leash and tolerance is a balance as heavily moderated “Mister Rogers” type Forums generate a lil less interest or at least attract a different “info only” crowds …
like the older RC which went off the rails eventually
What?

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was alluding to the mods tolerance when threads get out of hand, …I think they are hesitant to moderate too heavily … I know other forums have less tolerance for the shenanigans whereas the old RC was moderated lightly and it turned off a few..
it’s a balancing act

OP
OP
randomfishdude

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was alluding to the mods tolerance when threads get out of hand, …I think they are hesitant to moderate too heavily … I know other forums have less tolerance for the shenanigans whereas the old RC was moderated lightly and it turned off a few..
it’s a balancing act
Ah. I thought you were saying this thread needed to be moderated and I didn't understand the rules.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah. I thought you were saying this thread needed to be moderated and I didn't understand the rules.
NOOOOO, I was alluding to the silly post a page back in which I myself was guilty as charged…In fact personal apologies for the derail….it was just sooo much surface area for humor here
added: plain text is dangerously foggy

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whereas the old RC was moderated lightly and it turned off a few..
Wait what?

Old RC was heavily moderated and can be argued that was it's demise.

If someone gets turned off because of light moderation, that's their own hangup. There are some patrons of online forums that need to understand people don't always think and do the same as them. That alone shouldn't subject them to moderation. If people can't embrace or at the very least accept that, they should probably take some time and reflect on their role in the community.

I'm not suggesting this site isn't heavily moderated. The moderation style is completely different than RC but still can be construed as heavy handed.

I'd say to become a moderator you need to be one that embraces the values of the like minded staff. You need to be driven by badges and what they represent. You need to report posts that go against the outlined rules. You need to contribute in your own way so that you stand out. And finally, you should ask yourself, why on earth would I want to be a moderator? I think most poeples honest answer to that question would immediately disqualify them.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wait what?

Old RC was heavily moderated and can be argued that was it's demise.

If someone gets turned off because of light moderation, that's their own hangup. There are some patrons of online forums that need to understand people don't always think and do the same as them. That alone shouldn't subject them to moderation. If people can't embrace or at the very least accept that, they should probably take some time and reflect on their role in the community.

I'm not suggesting this site isn't heavily moderated. The moderation style is completely different than RC but still can be construed as heavy handed.

I'd say to become a moderator you need to be one that embraces the values of the like minded staff. You need to be driven by badges and what they represent. You need to report posts that go against the outlined rules. You need to contribute in your own way so that you stand out. And finally, you should ask yourself, why on earth would I want to be a moderator? I think most poeples honest answer to that question would immediately disqualify them.
I believe (from my limited knowledge) - that the main moderation here comes when someone makes a complaint/reports a post. I'm sure moderators also look at threads - but I believe its more report-based.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 169 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%

Back