What next, everything with a purpose so far.....

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it comes to fish habitat it’s pretty important for the overall success and health of the fish. I suggest going with smaller tangs… white tail or yellow might work :)!
Those white tails are simply beautiful. Gonna have one of those.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Oh wow I didnt know they would go after anthias!!! Crazy. Just the flame hawk or all kinds of hawkfish?
Literally all. I have gone through falco, flame and longnose and same behavior with all and Know many with same experience and after I mentioned shrimp, explained why their shrimp was missing

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Literally all. I have gone through falco, flame and longnose and same behavior with all and Know many with same experience and after I mentioned shrimp, explained why their shrimp was missing
I guess it’s time to take hawkfish off my list…

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy! I knew they picked off shrimp but the anthias surprised me! Crazy

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say foxes get very large fast and PBTs are EVIL. If it even feels a little cramped it will start killin fish… mine was fine a few months in my 125 six foot and then she killed a tuskfish and tried to kill my regal angel and yellow tang…

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will say foxes get very large fast and PBTs are EVIL. If it even feels a little cramped it will start killin fish… mine was fine a few months in my 125 six foot and then she killed a tuskfish and tried to kill my regal angel and yellow tang…
And that’s two feet longer than OP tank…

Charles Zinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay, okay, the clowns were for our enjoyment, but still a purpose ;)

we have:

1 powdser blue tang
1 Foxface
1 diamond back goby (2 if the first one is alive and hiding, unsure)
1 size line wrasse (same, 2 if the first one is hiding, wife swears she saw the first one last night)
A bonded pair of snowflake clowns.... Best addition - they encouraged more socialization in the tank!!

we have a handful of corals and a red bubble tip nem that already split once.

Curious on suggestions of a fish that we might want to add next.... Oh, we have a filefish coming to hopefully deal with aptasia... But the primary reason, to me, is to add some color and fun to the tank.

Also, its a 425xl redsea, I'm trying not to add fish that will significantly outgrown the tank...
okay, okay, the clowns were for our enjoyment, but still a purpose ;)

we have:

1 powdser blue tang
1 Foxface
1 diamond back goby (2 if the first one is alive and hiding, unsure)
1 size line wrasse (same, 2 if the first one is hiding, wife swears she saw the first one last night)
A bonded pair of snowflake clowns.... Best addition - they encouraged more socialization in the tank!!

we have a handful of corals and a red bubble tip nem that already split once.

Curious on suggestions of a fish that we might want to add next.... Oh, we have a filefish coming to hopefully deal with aptasia... But the primary reason, to me, is to add some color and fun to the tank.

Also, its a 425xl redsea, I'm trying not to add fish that will significantly outgrown the tank...
Tomanii tang, yelloiw tang, starry blenning midas blenny

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHEN IT COMES TO REEFING EQUIPMENT, DO YOU BUY NEW OR USED? AND WHY?

• I usually buy new equipment.

Votes: 37 56.9%
  • I usually buy used equipment.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • I depends on what the equipment is.

Votes: 24 36.9%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back