What order to add fish

saltysal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally my 175 gallon is up and running. Want to add my fish slowly. I added my chromis first. Now I’ve added my Clarkii clown pair. Here’s where I’m hung up. I have four tangs that have been together and have been fine with tank mates and each other. I also want to add some azure damsels and my lyretail anthias. The anthias have been together in another tank with one male and the rest females(4). Who do I add next and since I don’t have the damsels yet, how many can I add? Looking for any advice. I want to move slowly since the tank is fairly new but obviously will add each kind of fish in their perspective group.

fishywishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would add the anthias first, wait a week or two, and then add all the tangs together to help avoid aggression issues. However, it’s unlikely you’ll have any issues anyway.

You can have quite a few azures in a tank that size, but I think 6-7 is the maximum I would add.

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The only red flags would likely be the damsels as in the long-run you’ll likely end up with two once they pair up and stake their territory.

Otherwise, I’d add the tangs altogether if they’re already living together and ok — unless you have an aggressive, territorial tang, like a Purple or PBT, if that, then, prioritize the Anthias.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back