What would happen if you keep adding nitrogen several times a day into a empty aquarium? Just for fun (light on)

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought just for fun, what would happen to a aquarium that is dosed daily nitrogen.

This is a interim project wile I run my other test, I will update it every two days with current nitrogen dose and current parameters

1. Would it become full of algae.
2. Extremely high nitrates.
3. Extremely high nitrates and full of algae.
4. Mystery ingredients 2,3 and 4 will avoid the algae to show up and keep nitrate at bay.

Aquarium on the 2nd of October first filled.

IMG_0576.jpeg

6-oct-2024
No lights just ambient lighting from the room

IMG_0610.jpeg

20-0ct-2024
Turning light on as below

IMG_1063.jpeg

IMG_1058.jpeg

Last tested 20-oct-24 and will also have a picture under full white light, only glass to be scraped or clean will be the front panel, from were I take a picture from.

No2 0.05 mg/l
No3 5 mg/l
Po4 0.4 mg/l
Ph 8.2
Kh 9.5

Nitrogen dose increase from 4ml to 8 ml/day

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I thought just for fun, what would happen to a aquarium that is dosed daily nitrogen.

This is a interim project wile I run my other test, I will update it every two days with current nitrogen dose and current parameters

1. Would it become full of algae.
2. Extremely high nitrates.
3. Extremely high nitrates and full of algae.
4. Mystery ingredients 2,3 and 4 will avoid the algae to show up and keep nitrate at bay.

Aquarium on the 2nd of October first filled.

IMG_0576.jpeg

6-oct-2024
No lights just ambient lighting from the room

IMG_0610.jpeg

20-0ct-2024
Turning light on as below

IMG_1063.jpeg

IMG_1058.jpeg

Last tested 20-oct-24 and will also have a picture under full white light, only glass to be scraped or clean will be the front panel, from were I take a picture from.

No2 0.05 mg/l
No3 5 mg/l
Po4 0.4 mg/l
Ph 8.2
Kh 9.5

Nitrogen dose increase from 4ml to 8 ml/day
Alot depends on the amount of light - is there a reason you didn't include ammonia as a test? I kept an empty (freshwater) aquarium running with full light for several months and no algae developed on the glass or the sand. It had a fully functional filter though (just HOB). Was also freshwater. With your lighting - I don't know - probably not much will happen - depending on how much light and nitrogen you use - Since no one knows what the mystery ingredients are, I would say nothing will happen

OP
OP
sixty_reefer

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alot depends on the amount of light - is there a reason you didn't include ammonia as a test? I kept an empty (freshwater) aquarium running with full light for several months and no algae developed on the glass or the sand. It had a fully functional filter though (just HOB). Was also freshwater. With your lighting - I don't know - probably not much will happen - depending on how much light and nitrogen you use - Since no one knows what the mystery ingredients are, I would say nothing will happen
The ingredients are the same as the other thread, I thought I evaluate the glass formation of nuisance wile keeping a log on a part of the forum that doesn’t get much attention.
I need to stick to those ingredients as they the ones that seem to be working so far.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 33 42.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.1%
Back